Superintendent of Parks
Job ID J1120-1054
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
The City of Port Moody has an exciting opportunity for a Superintendent of Parks to lead and develop staff responsible for the development and year-round maintenance of parks and open spaces, including park amenities, urban forestry, trails, horticulture, and boulevards.
This position will lead the development of annual work plans, manage safety and day-to-day operational requirements, and is responsible for the development and daily management of environment and parks capital and operating budgets.
The Superintendent of Parks will provide direction and advice on environmental concerns and issues to internal and external groups, will act as staff liaison to civic committees, and writes and prepares reports. This position also provides stand-by response to emergencies and after hours call-outs, and will act for the Director, Environment & Parks.
- Technical diploma or Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, natural areas management, horticulture, landscape architecture, forestry, GIS, business and risk management
- Further training in municipal parks operations, project management, EOC, or business-related areas an asset
- Minimum three years of progressive, technical experience directly related to the areas of supervision
- At least three years of supervisory experience, including experience managing large teams of unionized staff
- Well developed interpersonal skills, including strong conflict resolution and customer service skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and experience writing and preparing reports and presenting results and recommendations to a variety of audiences, including Council, residents, senior leadership, staff, and stakeholders
- Experience creating short and long term work plans
- Experience preparing and managing capital and operating budgets, and contract administration
- Knowledge of, and experience mitigating, staff and public safety hazards
- Proficiency with MS Office, GIS, and asset management software
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check as well as a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.
To apply click on the link below:
View Original Source Source