We are Pomerleau. And you could be too.
Pomerleau is recognized as one of Canada’s leaders in theconstruction industry, in the institutional, commercial, industrial and civilengineering sectors. Clients benefit from our expertise as general contractor,construction manager, project manager and design-builder.
Pomerleau believes in delivering excellence. Every Pomerleau employee upholdsthis value, leading to the achievement of superior results in every sectorwhere we do business. Pomerleau: proud individuals who share a vision and arepassionate about what they do.
What YOU Will Do
- Demonstrate leadership in Health, Safety and Environmental Protection on the project. Effectively apply the requirements of the project specific safety standards to promote Pomerleau’s HS&E standards, applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes with all employees and trade partners on the project;
- Use your proactive approach to determine project materials are supplied and in compliance with our first-class Quality Program;
- Establish and identify on-site manpower requirements;
- Take a hands-on approach to leading, mentoring and walking with our team on site to support the project team;
- Collaborate with our trade partners and consultants;
- Develop and drive the construction schedule in conjunction with the project team ensuring that completion dates and milestones are met;
- Put your problem-solving skills to work and recommend innovative methods that will increase effectiveness and efficiency to ensure project excellence and productivity;
- Jump in right from the beginning! Collaborate with the Project Manager for all construction site start-up details including the schedule;
- Be a role model during coordination meeting with our clients and associated representatives;
- Stay on top of workforce training for the site team and ensure all training is up to date;
- Actively receive delivered materials on site according to policy;
- Ensure that the project is built according to the approved plan, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that all content is current;
- Be a keeper of construction site inventory and work with our Logistics team to ensure accuracy;
- Keep construction site documentation organized;
- Celebrate project success and completion and be a key member of the project wrap-up process.
What YOU Will Bring
- 8-10 years’ Superintendent experience in the ICI construction industry;
- A construction related certificate, diploma or degree;
- A proven track record of project success and team collaboration;
- Strong knowledge of construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, quality and cost control;
- The ability to quickly identify problematic situations, identify possible causes, produce effective solutions and collaboratively lead a large team to successful completion;
- A passion to develop, maintain and execute the project schedule;
- Good computer skills and previous experience with scheduling software;
- Knowledge of the local market.
Why Choose Pomerleau
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Group insurance (including a health spending account!)
- Group RRSP
- Employer paid monthly public transit pass
- Fitness Membership or Activity Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Exciting training opportunities
- Dynamic culture
- Exciting career opportunities
- Summer hours
What are youwaiting for? Let’s build something extraordinary together. Apply now to join the team. We want to hear from you!
We thank allapplicants, but only those selected for further consideration will becontacted. Be sure to join our Talent Network to stay informed about alljob opportunities at Pomerleau.
Pomerleau Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Weare committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. During any stage of therecruitment and hiring process, accommodation for applicants with disabilitiesare available upon request.
View Original Source Source