Summer Playground Leader
Job order – J0121-1038 – Auxiliary
Playground Leaders will be responsible for preparing and implementing a variety of games and recreational activities for school aged children in a day camp environment. Leaders will ensure the safety of participants and provide first aid as needed, direct volunteers and communicate with parents.
These positions run from July 5 to approximately August 27, 2021. You will be expected to commit to working Monday-Friday with no time booked off during this time frame. There will be mandatory training dates at the end of June.
Candidates must have the following by the start date to be considered for interview:
- Grade 12 and minimum six months experience working with children (ages 5 – 11 years) in a recreational setting
- Emergency First Aid
- Experience working with children with special needs would be an asset
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to apply sound judgement while creating a fun and safe environment for children
- Candidates must be between the ages of 17-30 years to meet requirements of grants funding these positions
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check.
View Original Source Source