At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
About the role
We’re looking for a Subrogation Property Adjuster to join our growing team!
As a Subrogation Property Adjuster, your work will have a big impact on the investigation, negotiation and settlement of property and/or automotive physical damage subrogation claims. You will provide quality service and ensure prompt and equitable recovery of claims in line with Corporate policies and standards.
This position is a full-time permanent opportunity based in either Calgary, Vancouver, Victoria, Edmonton or Winnipeg.
Here are a few ways you’ll make a difference:
- Investigate losses with moderate complexity. Ensure prompt and equitable recoveries in line with Intact’s corporate policies and standards.
- Develop action plans for conducting investigations by determining necessary contacts, collection feasibility, and/or civil action in order to protect recovery on a claim.
- Analyze and document the claim file by collecting and securing appropriate reports and statements from third party adjusters, claimants, witnesses and any other parties or pertinent experts to determine damage, liability and opportunity for recovery.
- Within established authority limits, negotiate with third parties, lawyers and insurers to settle claims. If necessary, formulate recommendations for further action. As required, attend court proceedings or hearings to provide information on claims.
- Provide quality customer service to external or internal customers. Answer queries relating to investigations and the claims process. Maintain effective communication channels with claims departments and liaise with adjusters, experts, management and other claims representatives on technical and administrative issues.
- Maintain productive business relationships with service providers. Monitor performance to ensure compliance with professional and corporate standards.
- Identify process improvement needs and recommend changes to policies or procedures to maintain quality service and competitiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or college diploma and/or equivalent business experience.
- CIP Designation (Chartered Insurance Professional) is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 2 years auto, property, casualty and/or subrogation handling experience.
- Strong time management skills.
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work.
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career.
- Flexibility in how and where you work.
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that you’ll be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on June 21, 2021 at 11:59PM EST.
View Original Source Source