Storekeeper – Operations Centre
Replacement Temporary Full-Time
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Squamish, Tsleil-Waututh and Musqueam Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community.
The Purchasing & Risk Management Department has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, results oriented individual for a replacement temporary full-time Storekeeper to join our team for approximately one year. This position performs a variety of storekeeping duties, with an emphasis on customer service, accountability, and increasing department efficiencies.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, this position will be responsible for:
- maintaining appropriate stocking levels for critical supplies and materials for multiple client groups
- maintaining an Inventory Management System (JD Edwards)
- sourcing supplies and equipment for various departments with an emphasis on construction, automotive and heavy equipment
- maintaining accurate purchasing records and supplier files
- creating Purchase Orders and monitoring the complete purchasing cycle
- performing regular inventory counts and maintaining effective inventory control and security procedures
- keeping and maintain accurate WHMIS records
- a wide variety of additional related duties
The preferred candidate will possess:
- a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with a commitment to continuous improvement
- effective organizational and time management skills
- general knowledge of the construction, automotive and heavy equipment industries
- 3 years of inventory control and purchasing experience
- computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, ERP Software)
- the ability to operate a fork lift, front-end loader, pallet jack and electric pallet jack (training available)
Courses related to inventory control, logistics, purchasing, equipment maintenance or construction management, and enrolment in SCC, NIGP or equivalent programs would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will be required to supply a Police Information Check to be completed at their expense.
WVMEA (Union) – Replacement Temporary, Full-time (one year)
Hours of Work:
40-hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
Starting at $27.98 per hour (2020 Rates), plus 12% in lieu of benefits
11:59 pm February 22, 2021
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal on our website at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all applicants must apply through the Career Portal; we are do not accept applications via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen to be interviewed will be contacted.
View Original Source Source