RCMP CPIC Clerk
Permanent Full Time
Internal/External Posting No. 2021-03
January 8, 2021
4:30 pm, January 22, 2021
$30.91 (after probation)
HOURS OF WORK:
40 hours per week
The City of Dawson Creek invites applications for the position of Storekeeper. Under the Direction of the Public Works Manager, or designate, the Storekeeper is responsible for ensuring that the inventory levels are managed in accordance with both the City’s and internal customers’ requirements. The Storekeeper is also responsible for analyzing and maintaining site inventory requirements and subsequent activities related to this function.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Post-secondary education with a focus on Business Administration or Supply Chain Management.
- 2+ years of experience with purchasing or inventory management; Certifications are an advantage.
- Excellent ability with Microsoft Excel.
- Above average organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Desire to take part in cycle counts and other activities within the warehouse related to inventory tracking.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position which includes frequently lifting heavy objects (maximum 50lbs), stand and walk throughout the day, and work in inclement weather.
- Ability to operate related material handling equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to work harmoniously with the Public, vendors and internal Staff to ensure a strong culture and work environment that is conducive to an effective and efficient workplace.
- Ability to work well collaboratively as a member of a team and also work well independently when needed.
Qualifications that are considered an asset for this position include:
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Training certification.
- WHMIS certification.
- Supply Management Training (SMT) courses, or Association of Production & Inventory Control Society (APICS) courses.
- Workplace First Aid training.
The successful applicant will have the ability to maintain harmonious relationships with all members of the public and other staff members while completing the required duties in a safe manner following established procedures.
Candidates should submit a résumé to the Human Resources Department by emailing a pdf or word document to email@example.com, with the job posting name and number in the subject line, no later than 4:30 pm on the closing date referenced above. The City thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Dawson Creek is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities whenever reasonably possible during the selection and employment process. You must be legally entitled to work for any employer in Canada to be eligible for this position. By applying for this position, you are giving permission for the City to contact your previous employers and references.
View Original Source Source