A Fortune 200 leader, CDW is the trusted resource and technology expert that Canadian companies turn to most to solve all their information technology needs. Our Storage Systems Consultant role is a post-sales opportunity that ideally sees you call on your talent and technical expertise in enterprise-class storage arrays as well as your ability to implement and operationalize projects for our customers.
This role is suitable for those with enterprise-class storage experience. The ideal candidate will have knowledge in enterprise storage as well as other data center technologies including virtualization and computer.
What you’ll do
- Provide customers technical leadership in the implementation and troubleshooting of various enterprise-class storage solutions
- Work as part of a wider project team or independently act as technical lead on consulting engagements
- Perform on-site work deploying data center solutions involving multiple technical disciplines
- Assist pre-sales architects by reviewing Statement of Work (SoW) and creating work breakdown documentation
- During project delivery, identify changing project requirements/issues/constraints with Project Managers (PM)
- Maintain current training and certification levels and be prepared to learn new technologies and attain additional certifications
What you need to succeed
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on industry experience, including customer-facing IT consulting experience
- Currently, hold some level of certification with an enterprise-class storage vendor or equivalent experience
- Direct experience installing, configuring, and managing enterprise-class storage software and hardware products
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Solid understanding of change management and ITIL processes
- Familiarity with modern IT infrastructure and supporting services
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Professional demeanor, good communication, strong organizational and time management skills
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and participate in multi-discipline projects and when your team members need a hand
- Hold an Administrator or Professional level of certification with one or more an enterprise-class storage vendor
- Kubernetes platform deployment (Astra, Tanzu, etc.)
- Industry cloud certifications and/or experience with vendors such as AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Scripting experience
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Experience in one or more automation and or configuration management platforms, ie: DevOps
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers.
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
The well-being of our employees is essential to us. CDW offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health, dental and vision coverage, coworker stock purchase program, paid vacation time and sick days, RRSP/DPSP and DPSP match, tuition reimbursement, coworker discounts, and other generous perks.
Job ID: 6077950
View Original Source Source