Sport Leader – Camps
Position Type: Auxiliary
Department: Community Sports Team
Applicant Closing Date: February 21, 2021
Anticipated: March 01, 2021
Number of positions available: Multiple
If you are a leader by nature, committed to helping others achieve success, passionate about coaching and creating activity lesson plans, then this is the role for you! We are looking for individuals with all types of sporting backgrounds. Please highlight any experience you have in a sport as a coach and/or player. Examples of sport camps that we offer: badminton, skating, floorball, golf, climbing, dance and baseball. To view all Spring Break Camps, please visit: http://richmondoval.ca/community-sport/sport-camps/spring-break-sport-camps/
A day in the life of the Sport Leader – Camps includes:
- Working in a team environment to ensure the participant has a positive experience while at the Richmond Olympic Oval.
- Assists in the creation of sport activities and schedules for camps.
- Monitoring and maintaining the integrity, appearance, and safety of all Oval sport equipment and surroundings.
- Ensuring a safe environment for all and overseeing sign-in and sign-out of camp participants.
- Coaching and instructing activities and lessons with enthusiasm, instructing based on objectives, and adjusting activities based on age, skill and athletic levels.
- Demonstrating leadership, energy, and enthusiasm to the teaching environment each day.
- Ensuring that appropriate skills are being taught to participants and progression through levels takes place.
- Demonstrating support to all other sport leaders, as needed.
- Recording and communicating feedback, strengths, and weaknesses with supervisors, to ensure important information is being communicated.
- Providing exceptional customer service.
- Reporting to the Sport Camp Programmer and Head Coach, Community Sport
- Other camp related tasks as assigned.
Availability: Must be available to work Monday through Friday 8:30am-4:30pm between March 15-26, 2021. There is also the opportunity to continue on (various hours/days) by assisting with our other Programs, Group Bookings, and Summer Camps (July/August 2021).
The qualifications and skills you bring to this role include:
- Experience working with children in a sport camp or related setting as a leader or volunteer.
- Proven athletic ability and strong knowledge of a variety of sports and age-appropriate sport activities for children aged 3-12 years old.
- Valid Standard First Aid, CPR-C and AED Certificate.
- Ability and confidence to coach and lead large groups.
- Ability to deal with a diversity of people in a calm, courteous, and effective manner.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, prioritization, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment is essential.
- Flexibility with availability.
- Must be able to complete a successful Criminal Record Check.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 preferred.
- Participation or graduation in a recognized, sport related post-secondary program is an asset.
- Sport Specific NCCP Certificates an asset.
- NCCP Fundamental Movement Skills, Kids Can Move, or Run Jump Throw, or equivalent training an asset.
Our Values make us who we are: Our workplace values are the guiding principles that are most important to us about the way that we work. Aligning with the City of Richmond, the Richmond Olympic Oval is an incredibly diverse and high performing values-based organization. Our values (People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation) are at the core of what we do; they define our culture, represent our collective conscience, and define the basic principles by which we operate. Our values govern the way we make decisions, guide us as we interact with our community, and shape our unique workplace culture and environment.
Some of the perks for working at a world class Olympic Venue include:
- 12% in lieu of benefits on top of your hourly rate.
- Collaborative team environment.
- Oval Team discounts, access to fitness classes/climbing wall/Fitnees Centre
- Opportunity to work in various auxiliary positions at the Richmond Olympic Oval to grow your knowledge and experience
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
If you are personable, have a great attitude, are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and have a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!
View Original Source Source