Are you an experienced Software Engineer in search of your next contract opportunity? Our high-profile Vancouver client is seeking to hire a Software Engineer to join their talented team on a 6-month contract with a strong probability of extension. Apply to this amazing Software Engineer opportunity today!
What’s in it for you!
As a Software Engineer with our client, you’ll receive:
– Highly competitive market hourly rates
– A 6-month contract with a strong probability of extension
– Remote interview process
What will you do?
– Uses algorithms, data structures, programming languages, programming paradigms to create, test and operate sustainable client-side or server-side software applications and services.
– Builds and extends software applications in varying (cloud, hybrid cloud, and on-premise) environments.
– Ensures applications are designed to be highly available, observable, and durable via software engineering best practices.
– Works with business and systems analysts to understand end-user requirements and translate those into pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
– Works closely with onsite and remote frontend, backend and operations engineers to ensure deliverables are well-documented, secure and resilient.
– Provides DevOps thought leadership in delivery contexts, focusing on the requirements of the company’s end-users and how they are best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach.
– Collaborates with the engineering teams (onshore and offshore) to deliver on integration projects.
– Engages in ongoing quality and performance improvement to ensure reliability and security.
– Designs for release and configuration management.
– Assists in troubleshooting and resolving production system issues.
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent.
– 6+ years of software engineering experience.
– Excellent team player, ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Experience in understanding architectural solutions/documentation and implementing them without need for handholding
– Strong technical, hands-on, experience to support development, automated testing, infrastructure, and operations
– Strong working experience in the design and development of RESTful APIs using Java, Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud
– Front end framework experience using React or Angular
– Familiarity with streaming platforms (real-time data at massive scale like Confluent Kafka).
– Experience with AWS cloud and implementations from a developer’s perspective
– Experience working with containers, Docker, Kubernetes or other container schedulers
– Fluency with relational databases or alternatively NoSQL databases
– Understanding of DevOps as well as experience with CI/CD pipelines
– Familiar with the project tools: Jira, Confluence, Slack, MS Office, SharePoint, Smartsheet.
– Be well-versed in ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
– Experience with big data workflow orchestration engines for ETL jobs, such as Airflow
– Experience working with PowerBI
– Experience with CBX
If you are a Software Engineer and the prospect of joining a dedicated team intrigues you, then this role with our high-profile client could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Please contact Troy Peakman with your resume at:
View Original Source Source