Software Developer 2
3 year Temporary Full-Time
If you are civic minded and interested in making an impact on people and businesses on the beautiful North Shore, consider working for the District of North Vancouver.
Home to vast parkland and attractions including Grouse Mountain, Lynn Canyon and Capilano Suspension Bridge, the District is inspired by nature, and enriched by people. The District offers exciting professional development opportunities and a competitive total compensation package. We are a flexible, family- friendly employer with a compressed work week program and an inclusive work-place culture. This is an exciting time to join the District, as we embark on a range of initiatives to transform digital service delivery, customer experience, and our approach to climate action.
We are looking for a 3 year temporary full-time intermediate Software Developer with experience in digital product delivery to join our growing Digital Services Team applying the latest technology to transform local government services. You will focus primarily on the Microsoft 365 platform, but will also use your front- end development skills to build on a number of custom digital products.
Your work will be impactful and will help transform how the District does business:
- Leverage the entire Microsoft stack to align customer requirements with the right solution;
- Implement Azure Service Bus within a new integration framework;
- Help design and build integrated SharePoint solutions;
- Develop custom interfaces to make data entry a breeze;
- Configure and customize the Microsoft Power Platform to streamline business processes, such as automating purchasing approvals;
- Use your software development skills to build new, innovative, and complex solutions, such as leveraging an open source notification API to automate emails and SMS messages to customers;
- Continue to enhance award-winning custom web applications used by staff and members of the community.
We practice agile and use Scrum to deliver projects, with engaged product owners and stakeholders helping guide the vision of the products and solutions we build.
You will have comprehensive hands-on development experience with the Microsoft 365 platform, including SharePoint, the Power Platform, Azure, and Active Directory; experience delivering well-designed software products on time while working in an agile environment; a proven ability to architect and build technical solutions that align with business objectives; familiarity with DevOps principles, code reviews, and test automation; a desire to apply technology and design to solve complex problems, improve user experiences, and create measureable improvements to government services; ability to work in a blended team of onsite and remote team members, in a fast-paced environment; and a passion for learning and self-improvement.
- Mastery of Microsoft Graph;
- Proven experience in SPFx and .NET to develop solutions within SharePoint;
- Experience building and maintaining complex flows in Microsoft Power Automate;
- Proven experience leveraging REST APIs to develop applications;
- Experienced and conversant with version control such as SVN, Git, etc.;
- Experience with Azure Service Bus is desired;
- Experience with frameworks such as Angular or React, as well as experience with CSS pre- processors such as SCSS and LESS is desired;
- Experience with back end technologies, such as C#, .NET Core, and with databases such as SQL Server is desired.
You have a Bachelor Degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent plus sound related experience in programming and systems analysis; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Preference will be given to candidates with 3+ years of related software development experience.
The pay range for this unionized position is $39.56 to $46.75 per hour based on a 35-hour work week (2019 rates). If you have what we’re looking for, and have a passion to serve people and the community, we would like to hear from you. Please apply on-line with your cover letter and resume at http://careers.dnv.org by December 9, 2020 to be considered.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source