Software Developer 1
3 year Temporary Full-Time
If you are civic minded and interested in making an impact on people and businesses on the beautiful North Shore, consider working for the District of North Vancouver.
Home to vast parkland and attractions including Grouse Mountain, Lynn Canyon and Capilano Suspension Bridge, the District is inspired by nature, and enriched by people. The District offers exciting professional development opportunities and a competitive total compensation package. We are a flexible, family-friendly employer with a compressed work week program and an inclusive work-place culture. This is an exciting time to join the District, as we embark on a range of initiatives to transform digital service delivery, customer experience, and our approach to climate action.
We are looking for a 3 year temporary full-time junior Software Developer with experience in digital product delivery to join our growing Digital Services team, applying the latest technology to transform local government services.
Your work will be impactful and will help transform how the District does business:
- Use your software development skills to build new, innovative, and complex solutions, such as leveraging an open source notification API to automate emails and SMS messages to customers;
- Help implement Azure Service Bus within a new integration framework;
- Build a clear identity-managed interface allowing residents to perform any transaction with the District online;
- Continue to enhance award-winning, mission-critical custom web applications used by staff and members of the community.
We practice agile and use Scrum to deliver projects, with engaged product owners and stakeholders helping guide the vision of the products and solutions we build.
You will have experience delivering well designed software products on time while working in an agile environment; ability to architect and build technical solutions that align with business objectives; familiarity with DevOps principles, code reviews, and test automation; a strong desire to apply technology and design to solve complex problems, improve user experiences, and create measurable improvements to government services; ability to work within a blended team of onsite and remote team members, in a fast-paced environment; and a passion for learning and self-improvement.
- Proven experience with frameworks such as Angular or React, as well as experience with CSS pre-processors such as SCSS and LESS is desired;
- Proven experience with back end technologies, such as C#, .NET Core, and with databases such as SQL Service is desired;
- Experience leveraging REST APIs to develop applications;
- Experienced and conversant with version control such as SVN, Git, etc.;
- Experience with Azure Service Bus is desired.
You have completed a 2-year diploma or certificate in a computer related field, plus some related experience in programming and systems analysis; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Preference will be given to candidates with 2+ years of related software development experience.
The pay range for this unionized position is between $36.45 and $43.04 per hour (2019 rates) based on a 35 hour work week. If you have what we’re looking for, and have a passion to serve people and the community, we would like to hear from you. Please apply on-line with your cover letter and resume at https://careers.dnv.org by December 9, 2020 to be considered.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source