Sewage Treatment Plant Operator (Level I, II or III)
We are seeking a Sewage Treatment Plant Operator, Level I, II or III, to join our Wastewater Operations team. The Sewage Treatment Plant Operator is responsible for assisting in the operation, maintenance, repair and upkeep of the Comox Valley Water Pollution Control Centre, pump stations and other related equipment and facilities including the landfill gas collection system located at the Comox Valley Waste Management Centre. Reporting to the Manager of Wastewater Services, the primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Installing, operating and maintaining pumps, generators, motors, instrumentation, heavy equipment and other wastewater and landfill gas collection system equipment and structures;
- Collecting and reporting data from instrumentation and alarms, diagnosing routine operational problems and taking appropriate remedial action and conducting repairs;
- Assisting trades personnel in repair work as required;
- Performing various laboratory tests, recording and maintaining information for process control, inventory control and plant maintenance;
- Assisting with the unloading, storage, transfer and closing of bulk and packaged chemicals;
- Performing a variety of general housekeeping duties such as painting, cleaning and landscape maintenance;
- Testing, calibrating, maintaining and repairing equipment utilized in the operation, repair and maintenance of wastewater and landfill gas collection facilities.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Safety-conscious with a demonstrated commitment to safe work practices;
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills;
- Detail oriented with the ability to keep accurate and complete records;
- Mechanically inclined;
- Flexible in working extra hours on standby and emergency call-out on a rotational basis;
- Experienced in the operation, maintenance and repair of wastewater systems (see detailed requirements below).
The minimum qualification requirement for this position is EOCP Municipal Wastewater Treatment Certification Class 1 or eligible for certification within six months of hire.
For Level I:
- Over one up to two years of related experience, including knowledge of related procedures, bylaws, methods, tools and equipment;
- Certified with EOCP (Municipal Wastewater Treatment Certification Class 1) or eligible for certification within six months of hire;
For Level II:
- Over three up to four years of related experience, including knowledge of related procedures, bylaws, methods, tools and equipment;
- Certified with EOCP (Municipal Wastewater Treatment Certification Class 2) or eligible for certification within six months of hire, First Aid Level 1 and Valid BC Class 3 Driver’s License with air brake endorsement.
For Level III:
- Over four up to five years of related experience, with at least two years direct responsible charge (DRC);
- Educated at the post-secondary level equivalent to two years of study in a related field of sciences;
- Certified with EOCP (Municipal Wastewater Treatment Certification Class 3) or eligible for certification within six months of hire, First Aid Level 1 and Valid BC Class 3 Driver’s license with air brake endorsement;
- EOCP Wastewater Collection Certification Class 1 is preferred.
These positions fall within the CUPE Local 556 bargaining unit, with an hourly rate of $30.92 (for Level I), $34.15 (for Level II) and $39.73 (for Level III).
To review the complete job description(s) and to apply, go to the CVRD website www.comoxvalleyrd.ca/jobs.
The closing date for this position is December 22, 2020 at 3:00 pm. Applications for available positions with the CVRD must be received prior to the indicated closing date and time. We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This posting may be used to fill more than one vacancy.
The Comox Valley Regional District is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals.
View Original Source Source