School District No. 36 (Surrey)
Senior Research Analyst
Temporary 18 month Position
School District No. 36 (Surrey)
Surrey is British Columbia’s fastest-growing community where over 130 schools and 11,000 staff provide quality education to more than 74,000 students. Serving a diverse, multicultural urban centre, we believe we are an innovative school district offering a broad range of programs and services. We work daily to make a large place seem small by placing value on relationships and connections.
Multiculturalism is our norm with over 200 languages spoken in our community and we also serve the single largest population of Indigenous students in BC.
As a member of the Human Resources team, the Senior Research Analyst supports and coordinates the collection, composition and study of data to provide evidence based reports, documents and projections for use by district management staff. These reports support decision making related to budget, staffing and programs. The Senior Research Analyst utilizes significant technical computer expertise together with advanced knowledge of research methodologies to address information and knowledge gaps through the design, planning, creation and operation of multiple projects. The work requires a significant degree of independence and judgement and involves work of a highly specialized nature.
Specific to this role, the Senior Research Analyst will focus on gathering, documenting, tracking, analyzing and presenting data sets and reports related to the Human Resource functions of dispatch and staffing in alignment with the terms and conditions of the teacher and CUPE Collective Agreements.
The Senior Research Analyst reports to Management.
- Developing research designs and analysis plans to support evidence collection efforts.
- Developing PowerBI dashboards and Power Apps to present information and streamline business processes
- Coordinating and performing the analysis and processing of complex data sets.
- Providing analytical and interpretive recommendations to management.
- Identifying other sources of secondary data analysis that will be of value.
- Ensuring compliance with accepted research and statistical methodologies.
- Producing trend analysis and reports in multiple forms.
- Superior knowledge of MS Office including Excel (VBA and statistical functions, macros), Access
- Superior knowledge of data developer environments including SQL and Power BI, Power APPS, Power Automate as well as windows based scripting tools like Powershell
- Knowledge of research and statistical methodologies including limitations of data.
- Advanced ability to analyze and interpret numerous statistical and other data.
- Advanced ability to work with complex data from various sources and in a variety of formats.
- Ability to work independently and develop clear, accurate reports.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’ degree in Education, Social Sciences, Statistics, programming or computer systems.
This is a unionized position that offers a 37.5 hour work week with an hourly wage rate of $34.12, plus a liberal benefit package including Municipal Pension, health, vacation and sick benefits.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply at https://bit.ly/3iUA8DG. Be sure to upload resume and cover letter.
This competition will remain open until filled.
Note: The successful applicant is required to consent to a Criminal Record Search prior to employment. Only applicants selected for interviews are contacted.
View Original Source Source