Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Fraser Health has twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities – all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, teamwork and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it’s our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Join us at Fraser Health as a Senior Privacy Analyst where you will be responsible for providing Freedom of Information (FOI) intake and processing services to the Fraser Health Information Access and Privacy Office. Additionally, you will be overseeing the ongoing development of comprehensive tools and processes to support compliance to requests made under BC’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
Build on your career experience as you:
- Supports, develops, and maintains the business processes necessary to facilitate effective privacy controls and compliance to BC’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
- Participates in strategic planning support and change management services by assisting the FOI Advisor in streamlining business processes and best practices to ensure FIPPA compliance.
- Provides FOI business analysis by carrying out workflow analysis, developing privacy information systems and repositories and automating/updating current business processes.
- Analyzes and investigates FOI tools, processes and timelines to ensure compliance with legislated timelines and established best practices. Supports process changes and/or functional changes to FOI tools by testing, modifying, and maintaining these tools.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of privacy goals, objectives, policies and procedures for Information Access and Privacy within Fraser Health.
Here is what we would like you to have:
- Diploma in Health Information Management or a related field
- Four (4) years of recent related experience in a medium to large sized organization including experience in handling FOI requests, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
We currently have two temporary full-time positions until December 2021 and both positions will be at our Central City offices in Surrey, BC.
Does this sound like an excellent role for you? If so, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career with FH will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of experts in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Do you take responsibility for your own performance and aim to model integrity, resilience and confidence? Are you passionate about privacy best practices and display analytical reasoning and prioritization skills? Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation about you joining Fraser Health.
We value diversity in the work force and maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Job ID: 45023186
View Original Source Source