Requisition ID: 23915
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Senior One Water Planner is responsible for leading complex projects that supports the implementation of integrated water management planning at a city-wide, community and corridor level. The position will facilitate strategic partnerships, identify where coordination, analysis and review is needed and develop processes for the advancement of an integrated water management practice. The Senior One Water Planner will work closely other Engineering branches and City departments such as Planning, Development and Sustainability, Green Rainwater Infrastructure, Development Water Resources Management, Water Design, and Sewer and Drainage Design, as well as regional partners and stakeholders
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiates and develops an integrated water management planning framework to facilitate inter-departmental cooperation that meets the needs of land use planning for projects at a citywide, community and corridor level.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including Metro Vancouver.
- Prepares and delivers technical presentations to the public and external agencies
- Assists in the development and review of land use planning inputs into integrated water management planning
- Reviews and provides a coordinated response on major development projects or land use planning initiatives within Vancouver as they relate to integrated water management planning.
- Supervises junior branch staff
- Designs and participates in stakeholder and/or public engagement processes and events including engaging residents about the benefits of an integrated water management.
- Responds to correspondence or inquiries from outside agencies, the public and other branches as it relates to integrated water management initiatives.
- Develops RFP/RFQ scopes of work and manages consultant contracts
- Keeps abreast on integrated water planning trends, research and best practices
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- University degree in Planning recognized by the Canadian Institute of Planners and a minimum of two years’ experience as a planning professional, preferably supplemented by supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive and progressive municipal experience in land use planning, sustainability/resilience planning and/or environmental planning
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of spatial planning, systems-thinking, the integration of land use with utility planning, ecological systems and/or water resilience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including report writing and presenting on complex utility planning issues
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to motivate and engage staff
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, diplomacy and tact
- Ability to independently develop and manage multiple projects, and to delegate tasks as required
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels in the organization and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with changing and competing priorities with frequent interruptions within a multiple task environment
- Proficient in the use of software applications and databases such as MS Office, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and GIS
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: February, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-031: $48.78 to $57.70 per hour
Application Close: January 17, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source