School District No. 43 (Coquitlam)
School District No. 43 (Coquitlam)
Senior Manager of Labour Relations
An exciting opportunity exists at School District 43 (Coquitlam) for Senior Manager of Labour Relations. As the third largest school district in BC with approximately 4,300 employees in 70+ schools, we serve the communities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, and the villages of Anmore and Belcarra. Our district has been consistently rated by British Columbia Ministry of Education as one of the best performing districts in the province and we are proud to run the largest international education program in Canada.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director of Labour Relations, this position is responsible for providing leadership in the areas of Labour Relations, managing related legal and contractual obligations, and supporting all levels of management.
The successful candidate will possess a strong background in labour relations with a proven collaborative and resolution based approach. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated negotiation skills, exposure to a large portfolio with multiple complex cases and a proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
The full job description can be found at www.sd43.bc.ca under the District Office tab, Job Opportunities, Excluded Staff/Administration.
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in business administration, labour relations, human resource management or other relevant areas;
- A minimum of five years of experience as a strategic and progressive senior labour relations practitioner with specific experience in a large multi-union public sector organization;
- Demonstrated understanding of human resources and labour relations practices and an ability to interpret applicable collective agreements and/or various rights related legislation;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct presentations for labour relations hearings and relevant forums;
- Demonstration of successful interest-based collective agreement negotiation, grievance and conflict resolution, and innovative solutions;
- Track record of proactively creating consultative and collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholder groups;
- Proven analytical, written and oral communication skills with an ability to concisely articulate and write with clarity and purpose;
- Well-organized, self-starter with a demonstrated ability to be resilient and to work as an efficient team leader in establishing priorities, achieving goals and objectives when faced with varied and conflicting demands;
- Demonstrated ability in the use of computer software and technology;
- A CRHP designation is an asset.
A competitive salary is offered along with a generous benefits package. The successful applicant will be required to successfully complete two criminal record checks.
To apply, (by Thursday, December 31, 2020 @ 4:00 pm) please click on the following link and create a user account/profile. https://ejp.sd43.bc.ca/postings/Account/Login
Once you have completed your profile you will have access to the job postings.
We appreciate your interest but regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The deliberations of employees, and Committees used to screen and consider job applications, shall be kept in strict confidence, and shall not be disclosed to any person except as required by law. Personal references, recommendations and evaluations collected or generated by Board employees and Committee members as part of the Board’s hiring processes (other than references whose authorship and content is already known to the job applicant) shall be treated as having been supplied in confidence to the Board for the purposes of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.”.
View Original Source Source