Senior Manager Corporate Security & Emergency Management
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Richmond, British Columbia
Deadline date: December 18, 2020
Are you a security management professional with experience developing, executing, and monitoring comprehensive corporate security and emergency management strategies and programs? We have a senior role in our Corporate Security and Emergency Management department that will require you to impact and lead decision-making practices for all security, emergency management, and threat management matters throughout our large, corporate environment.
We’re seeking a collaborator and relationship builder to lead our corporate security team with a foundation of extensive corporate security management knowledge. If you’re an influencer with management experience in the security industry, public sector, or law enforcement, we’d like to hear from you.
As the senior manager of Corporate Security and Emergency Management you will:
- Lead a team of managers and security officers to ensure the protection of WorkSafeBC employees, visitors, physical property and assets
- Lead the development of emergency response action plans and procedures and manage emergency response activities. Act as the Chair and Incident Commander of the Emergency Response Group when appropriate
- Oversee the management of challenging clients including appeals of communication restrictions
- Develop an understanding of the claim and prevention processes
- Conduct risk and threat assessments as it relates to workplace violence
- Oversee investigations of theft and vandalism
- Conduct security assessments of WorkSafeBC work sites and external sites as it relates to WorkSafeBC corporate events and accident scenes
- Oversee the implementation of security plans for special events involving WorkSafeBC senior executive and government officials
- Liaise with other government agencies as it relates to workplace violence and security
- Oversee the evaluation and implementation of new security technologies, methods and policies to meet organizational requirements
- Manage the workplace violence database
- Oversee the collection, presentation and reporting of data related to all corporate security & emergency management activities
- Produce reports, including briefings, for executive staff and appropriate WorkSafeBC personnel
- Conduct internal presentations and training and externally as required, on aspects of Corporate Security & Emergency Management
- Identify external contract requirements and participate in the tender process through to awarding contracts for security related services
- Oversee awarded security contracts throughout the life cycle of the contract to ensure cost, quality and deliverable targets are met
- Be a member of the divisional management team to impact policy development and planning activities, and collaborate with managers across the organization in planning and program development
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Provide leadership and guidance to assigned staff using effective management techniques (for example, coaching, mentoring, delegating, building teams and managing performance) in order to support the achievement of required outcomes and to ensure that staff members are achieving a level of performance that meets the highest standards
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with individuals and teams across the organization in an objective and diplomatic manner, balancing client and project needs with corporate directions
- Communicate effectively and appropriately to diffuse emotional or heightened situations
- Gather and analyze information, anticipate and recognize problems and opportunities, create and evaluate alternatives, develop solutions and make appropriate decisions and recommendations
- Find resolutions to meet the needs of clients and foster an environment where excellence in customer service is emphasized
- Be available 24/7 to provide immediate response and/or direction to staff for issues and incidents related to corporate security or emergency management
- Occasionally travel on company business
Your experience and educational background:
- A post-secondary degree in a related discipline such as criminology, psychology, or emergency/security management
- A minimum of eight years of progressive experience in corporate security, law enforcement, or an investigations environment
- Extensive operations management and supervisory experience
- Comprehensive leadership skills
- Strong investigation and report writing skills
- Strong systems and technical skills
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
Please send any additional application materials via email to Talent Team by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email HR Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
If you’re the successful applicant, we’ll be making a conditional offer contingent upon your clearing a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of offer, you’ll need to provide consent for a criminal record check. Once we receive clearance, we’ll confirm your offer of employment.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you’re unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5fc933707bacff625ad751f4/5c8a775a01536405b1f3a5e8/en
View Original Source Source