City of Surrey
Senior IT Project Manager
Do you have a passion for customer service and project management? Do you love working with stakeholders and delivering value to large and diverse business units? Are you looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued and you can make a difference? This is an opportunity to work for one of BC’s top employers and to serve the residents of Surrey!
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be assigned to one of our business aligned portfolios and work on the various initiatives within that space. You will partner closely with the business to deliver the numerous initiatives in their backlog. Our portfolios are broad and will expose you to many solutions and diverse stakeholders across the City. As an example, our Parks, Recreation and Culture Portfolio involves everything from running our recreation facilities and supporting the maintenance and development of our City parks, to providing innovative solutions for our Arts, Heritage and Culture Services.
In recent months, we have also become one of the leading municipalities in providing solutions to support the changing business norms (i.e. virtual ticketing, live sports streaming, virtual public programs, full service virtual council meetings).
You possess strong leadership and directing skills and have a proven ability to lead teams through large or multiple concurrent IT projects. You have seasoned relationship and team building skills. You can facilitate and communicate complex ideas in simple ways that foster consensus.
Exempt – Term (1 year)
- Focus on detailing project specifications, managing stakeholders, managing risk, and scope as well as ensuring smooth operational transition in each business area
- Lead strong project teams to deliver quality solutions from start to finish following standard project methodology under the direction of the project office
- Deliver what you promise, can manage priorities and present realities while planning the future, develop timelines, reach milestones, and keep your team focused on the end results
- Build strong collaborations with relevant business units throughout the City to align work with strategic goals
- Champion changes and communicate with relevant stakeholders at all levels.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree/diploma in a related field plus at least 6 years of directly related experience managing large initiatives
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven ability to lead diverse teams through large or multiple concurrent IT projects
- Strong relationship and team building skills and can communicate complex ideas in a way that fosters consensus
- Ability to facilitate and champion changes and communicate with relevant stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in managing complex projects involving lots of changes to business operations
- Experience within the public sector is an asset
- PMP Designation is preferred
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
View Original Source Source