City of Surrey
Senior IT Infrastructure Project Manager
Are you an IT infrastructure project manager that has delivered new and innovative technologies? Are you passionate about leadership and project management? Are you looking for a great place to work where your contributions are valued, and you can make a difference in a City of vibrant communities? This is an opportunity to work for one of BC’s top employers and to serve the residents of Surrey!
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
As the Senior Infrastructure Project Manager, you will work closely with the Infrastructure and Operations Team to implement various initiatives in the portfolio. Some key initiatives on the horizon are the strategic development and implementation of access and identity management, developing an approach to SQL database adoption and migration, and the replacement of our IT Asset Management System. You would also be responsible for leading other standard infrastructure and security related projects like server/storage/network replacements, server OS upgrades, and supporting end user computer initiatives (desktop/cell replacements) where necessary.
You possess strong leadership and directing skills and have a proven ability to lead teams through large or multiple concurrent IT projects. You have seasoned relationship and team building skills. You can facilitate and communicate complex ideas in simple ways that fosters consensus.
Exempt – Term (1 Year)
- Focus on detailing project specifications, managing stakeholders, managing risk, and scope as well as ensuring smooth operational transition in each business area
- Lead strong project teams to deliver quality solutions from start to finish following standard project methodology under the direction of the project office
- Deliver what you promise, can manage priorities and present realities while planning the future, develop timelines, reach milestones, and keep your team focused on the end results
- Build strong collaborations with relevant business units throughout the City to align work with strategic plans
- Champion changes and communicate with relevant stakeholders at all levels.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree/diploma in a related field plus at least 6 years of directly related experience or equivalent set of educations and experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven ability to lead diverse teams through large or multiple concurrent IT projects
- Strong relationship and team building skills and can communicate complex ideas in a way that fosters consensus
- Ability to facilitate and champion changes and communicate with relevant stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in managing complex projects involving lots of changes to business operations in relations to managing documents and records.
- Demonstrated successful project management experience with Infrastructure related projects
- Experience as a project manager on Security related initiatives
- Experience within the public sector is an asset
- PMP Designation is an asset.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
View Original Source Source