Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Senior Financial Services Analyst
Permanent Full Time
NO. OF POSITIONS:
HOURS OF WORK:
37.5 hours per week
$98,362 to $108,439 annually + comprehensive benefits package
The Finance Department is a core governmental service that provides city-wide financial services and functions including financial reporting, purchasing, revenue & collections and insurance administration. Reporting to the Manager of Financial Services, you will be a key member of the Finance leadership team, leading critical work pertaining to city-wide financial planning, reporting and analysis, rate forecasting, annual budgeting and business case analysis. As the subject matter expert in overseeing financial processes and systems implementations, you will be integral in the rollout of the new accounting standard for asset retirement obligations and updating the cash flow projections and longer term financial plan. You will support the CFO/Director of Finance and Manager, Financial Services with establishing financial health indicators and health of the city reserves as it relates to the City’s strategic priorities and core services.
Your key accountabilities include:
- Supporting the annual operating, capital budgeting and 5 year plan projections, quarterly reporting & financial forecasting, year-end audit and reporting, including but not limited to grant and reserve monitoring, tracking and reporting.
- Providing strategic financial advice and recommendations on funding strategies and financial analysis on major procurements prior to award and decision impact analysis.
- Supporting the delivery of the City’s strategic priorities, including making decisions in maintaining core services and spending to support the City’s Climate Action Framework & 7 Bold Steps, reviewing & reporting metrics against financial results and providing financial analysis to support decision making and recommendations.
- Planning and coordinating the development and delivery of analytical services relating to complex financial issues and systems.
- Serving as department lead in reporting out on the new accounting standard for asset retirement obligations and ensures the new standard addresses the recognition, measurement, presentation and disclosure of legal obligations associated with retirement of tangible capital assets.
- Providing leadership and direction to junior staff and acting as a delegate for the Manager, Financial Services and the CFO/Director of Finance in Senior Management or Council discussions.
- Maintaining awareness of risks and opportunities pertaining to areas of accountability and participating in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, standards and systems to optimize process effectiveness and service delivery for all areas of accountability.
If you have the following qualifications and attributes, we want to hear from you!
- Completion of a university degree in a related discipline, professional accounting designation (i.e. CPA) or MBA and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including financial and system analysis, within a public sector environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience deemed suitable by the employer.
- Knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of financial/accounting principles and practices, financial processes and systems, and their application to financial operations.
- Knowledge of the relevant regulatory policies, procedures and legislation.
- Knowledge of municipal functions, organization, policies and procedures and their financial and information system requirements.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts and present proposals in non-technical language.
- Project management skills to lead large scale project implementations are an asset.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to develop logical and creative solutions for non-standard issues.
- Team leadership skills to mentor and direct the work of staff or other operational teams.
- Advanced ERP systems (JD Edwards) and MS Excel skills and ability to extract data and perform analysis.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #21-16 by February 3, 2021 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
View Original Source Source