- Join our team and be a part of a new revolution in lighting!
- Build your career within a fast growing company in the Lower Mainland!
- Receive a highly competitive salary based on skills and experience!
About Cooledge Lighting
Cooledge is leading a new revolution in lighting! We are the company that has changed the paradigm LED lighting by introducing award winning and flexible light sheets that deliver high quality illumination in a form that is seamless, adaptable, and scalable when compared to traditional lamps. We have combined our lighting expertise, technology, and innovation to emulate a canopy of light and create an experience akin to the feeling of being outdoors while still inside.
At Cooledge we know that our innovative products, creative solutions, and continued success are all thanks to the hardworking and dedicated people who make up our team. As a group, we believe in the work that we are doing and we’re eager to develop new and exciting products that are going to make a big impact on the market. This is an exciting time to join us as we chart the course of the next stage of our growth.
An Opportunity to Make an Impact
Currently, Cooledge Lighting has an exciting opportunity for a technically minded Senior Electronics Engineer to join our talented electrical team in Richmond B.C. on a full-time basis.
The Senior Electronics Engineer will participate in the development of new lighting products based on the Cooledge lighting platform, and will be focusing on development and implementation of lighting controls solutions.
While no two days will ever be alike in this exciting and fast-paced role, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- System level design and development of lighting controls solutions
- Electronics design of prototype and production lighting products including PCB layouts, assemblies, and controls electronics
- Sourcing and evaluating off the shelf and custom controls interfaces, drivers, components, PCBs, PCAs, etc.
- On-going support of legacy product designs, BOM updates and Engineering Change Orders, including customer support, product trouble shooting, and failure analysis
- Assembling and testing prototype and pre-production products
- Writing test specifications and performing verification testing, including data collection, analysis and test reports
- Executing design of experiments for process and product development
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, or a Diploma of Technology or similar, along with at least 5 years of lighting controls and related communication networking experience. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in schematic capture and PCB layout using electronics design/layout CAD software in Altium Designer.
As the ideal candidate, you will possess knowledge and design experience related to lighting control protocols including, but not limited to, 0-10V, DALI, DMX, and wireless protocols. You will also have strong electronics lab skills and be proficient in hands on prototyping and soldiering, including both thru-hole and small pitch SMT parts. Other assets for the position would include: LED lighting experience, familiarity with Arena PLM software, knowledge of EMI, EMC, and FCC testing plus safety certification, and experience in firmware programming and software testing. You are proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, with experience in analog and digital prototyping, design, and troubleshooting using basic lab equipment such as lab PSU, DMM, oscilloscope, and power analyzers.
As a leader within Cooledge Lighting, you’ll be a highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills for both technical and non-technical issues, with the ability to analyze and solve complex problems. You are detail oriented with a strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude, which will allow you to thrive while you work towards many competing demands and deadlines. Your passion for the work that you do, your creative problem solving, your desire to continuously learn and grow, and your ability to build quality relationships with the people around you will set an example for those working with you and foster a positive and fun work culture.
Above all, you’ll be an enthusiastic and highly motivated self-starter with the ability to drive results in a team environment.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be awarded a highly competitive salary based on skills and experience along with a wide host of benefits including:
- Health and Dental Coverage.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
- Life Insurance.
- 3 weeks of vacation on joining that increases with your length of service.
- Available stock options.
- Flexibility around working hours.
- Huge opportunities for career progression as we continue to grow.
- Fun social events such as our annual holiday party.
This position presents an opportunity to enter a pivotal role and influence the growth and development of Cooledge Lighting – apply today!
View Original Source Source