- Make an impact and be rewarded with huge opportunities for career progression.
- An exciting role for an experienced Design Engineer to work with an organization focused on quality and customer service.
- Receive a highly competitive salary and a wide host of excellent benefits.
About Container West
Founded in 1977, ContainerWest is the leading manufacturer of container-based and factory-built portable steel buildings that meet the demands of the industry in Western Canada. We provide excellent value through practical designs and pride ourselves on solving problems together. We are the only manufacturer with field experience and vertical integration from engineering through installation.
At Container West we know that our continued success is thanks to the hardworking people who make up our team and ensure the satisfaction of our customers. As such, we reward our team with a friendly and engaged culture where they can enjoy a wide variety of projects to work on. Our corporate culture is also underpinned by customer service as a core value and we pride ourselves on being practical, mindful of cost, honest, and team-oriented. If this is an environment you think you can succeed within then we want to hear from you.
For more information about our organization please visit our homepage by clicking here.
About the Opportunity
Container West currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Design Engineer to join our team in Richmond, BC on a full-time basis.
As our new Senior Design Engineer, you’ll add technical depth and professionalism to our team as you work on the design and manufacture of steel structures. This role will see you working alongside other engineers, draftspeople, estimators, production, and senior management to design and build practical solutions for our industrial customers.
While no two days will ever be alike in this fast-paced role, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring junior team members to support their growth and development.
- Working with the greater team to create simple designs that are durable, safe, and relatively easy to assemble.
- Working on a range of products including stairs, exterior roof frames, skids, removable panels, spill containment, louvres, reinforcement of roofs/beams/floors, openings/hatches, crane beams, heaters, fans, lighting, insulation, wood framing, interior wall coverings, and equipment mounting.
- Carrying out structural calculations such as wind, seismic, and live loads as well as calculating beam sizing and joint design.
- Developing and calculating interior wall framing layout, sheeting selection, insulation spec, circuit diagrams, heat calculations, and bills of materials.
- Ensuring strong communication with all stakeholders and that relevant documentation is recorded.
In order to qualify for this role, you will need a P. Eng designation (or be eligible to obtain one) along with a relevant bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of experience in a similar role. Previous experience working on industrial shelters, steel buildings, or portable buildings is a significant asset as is previous experience as a consulting structural engineer.
As our ideal candidate, you’ll join us with excellent communication and teamwork skills. Your strong interpersonal skills will combine with your technical knowledge and experience in order to ensure your success as you drive our projects forward while always taking care to ensure a high-quality end result. Utilizing your self-starter nature and your strong organizational skills you’ll work diligently towards meeting deadlines. Your dedication towards the work that you do, as well as your passion and determination, will ensure a high level of customer service for our clients and the production group.
Above all, youll be a strong team player who is eager to make an impact with the work that you do.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive salary based on skills and experience along with the following excellent package:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits through Manulife.
- Negotiable vacation based on skills and experience.
- Flexible working times – as long as the work is getting done you can choose your start and finish time.
- Huge opportunities for career progression, if you want to continue your career down a certain path we’ll work with you to make it happen.
- Social events and gatherings in a fun office, these were more frequent before COVID and we’re eager to get back to them once the pandemic subsides.
Upon joining Container West you’ll be welcomed into a casual but professional environment where open communication is valued at all levels.
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to work for this rapidly growing organization – apply today!
View Original Source Source