Does the idea of working on Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) environments for data storage interest you?
If yes, our Vancouver based client is looking to hire a Senior Database Administrator on a long-term contract with a potential for extension.
Apply to this awesome Senior DBA position today!
What is in it for you?
– Competitive market salary
– A great team!
– Work-life balance maintained!!
– Paid Vacation
– Medical and Healthcare
– Parking (taxable benefit)
– Wellness classes
– Professional development
What does the daily role comprise of?
– The Senior Database Administrator develops and maintains the database related designs, procedures and standards, and operating production and non-production environments.
– As a member of a project team, the incumbent participates and supports systems in accordance with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes and procedures, guidelines, and best industry practices.
– Primarily involved with technical teams, staff, faculty, and student communities, the Senior Database Administrator also provides technical support, assistance, coaching and mentoring to these stakeholders. Incumbent may also be asked to perform other duties as required.
– Bachelor Degree in Computing Science required from a recognized institution.
– Additional and current Database Administration training or certifications.
– Minimum six (6) years of recent experience in database development and administration, including a minimum of three (3) years recent experience in an Oracle High Availability (HA) database environment using Oracle RAC 12c.
– Experienced in configuring and managing Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) for data storage in Real Application Clusters (RAC) environments.
– Comprehensive knowledge of database administration and design standards, practices and tools within Oracle, Microsoft SQL, and MySQL environments.
– knowledge of operating systems including scripting in both Linux and Windows environments.
– An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
If the prospect of working within a high-functioning collaborative environment intrigues you, then the Senior Database Administrator role with our Vancouver client could be the perfect opportunity for you!
For more information,
Please contact Tina Arujah with your resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or click the Apply button now!
View Original Source Source