City of Surrey
Senior Business Analyst (Business Analyst 3)
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be responsible for defining business scope and objectives through research, fact-finding and a thorough understanding of applicable business and industry requirements. The successful incumbent will act as a liaison between business areas and the solution teams across a diverse customer portfolio. You have a proven ability to support teams through significant organizational change and you have seasoned stakeholder engagement, relationship and team building skills. You can communicate complex ideas in simple ways that foster understanding and agreement.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Term (up to 1 year).
As a key member of the team, this position will:
- Work with representatives at all levels of the organization to develop and plan business strategies, while considering the strategic business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Lead and create, clear and well-crafted requirements and develop complex, integrated process models that are cross- functional and cross-departmental to support understanding of the business problem or opportunity in question.
- Work with business units and IT to analyse design solutions and alternatives, communicate proposed recommendations, obtain consensus from all stakeholders, assist with resolving conflict, so we can arrive at common solutions.
- Champion change and support effective communication with relevant stakeholders at all levels.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior business analysis staff.
- Degree in a related field from a recognized institution plus four years of related work experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of requirements elicitation & analysis, stakeholder assessments as well as process modeling techniques.
- Knowledge of business analysis documentation techniques.
- Communicate effectively to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to complete work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail to critically analyze information and problem solve.
- CBAP certification is preferred.
- Experience within the public sector is an asset.
- Experience working with Agile Principles is an asset.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
If you’re interested in this position, please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers by February 15, 2021.
View Original Source Source