School District No. 62 (Sooke)
School District No. 62 (Sooke)
Senior Budget Analyst
Under the direction of the Manager, Financial Reporting and Analysis, the Senior Budget Analyst assists in the development of the District’s budgets and performs functions related to funding, accounting, reporting, project costing, and forecasting. The Senior Budget Analyst also maintains the chart of accounts and provides technical support to users of the District’s financial reporting systems and accounting systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
REPORTING & ANALYSIS
- Assists in the development of the District’s budgets, operating, capital, and special purpose funds, and performs functions related to funding, accounting, reporting, project costing, and forecasting;
- Assists in the preparation of Ministry reporting including the quarterly GRE report, annual audited financial statements, and Statement of Financial Information;
- Prepares ad hoc reports and reconciliations for various departments;
- Monitors and analyzes operating and capital expenditures, reviews and reports budgetary variances, and prepares regular capital progress reports;
- Assists in the compilation, coordination, and distribution of budget packages to stakeholders;
- Prepares and analyzes budget scenarios and variances;
- Prepares allocation spreadsheets including inputting and analyzing data;
- Performs reconciliations and analysis of various accounts;
- Completes the setup and security of users in atrieve Budget Manager Inquiry;
- Assists in the configuration of the District’s Finance ERP system.
- Creates and maintains general ledger chart of accounts;
- Oversees the maintenance and integrity of accounting records;
- Prepares and processes journal entries;
- Participates in reviews, examinations, and testing of departmental systems and recommends changes to improve internal controls and efficiencies;
- Provides assistance, training, and technical support to users of the District’s financial reporting systems and accounting systems;
- Works with District staff to answer questions and problem solve to rectify accounting, and reporting issues;
- Interprets and provides advice on the application of financial policies and procedures; OTHER
- Completes internal audits as directed;
- Participates in special projects within the Finance Department;
- Completion of a Diploma or Degree in the field of Financial Management, Accounting, Business Administration, or Commerce; AND
- Eligible for entry into the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP).
- Experience with financial analysis, including variance analysis;
- Knowledge of applicable rules and regulations including GAAP and PSAS;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Advanced spreadsheet and analytical skills are essential;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant software programs, including the ability to import/export data between programs.
- Operational knowledge of PowerSchool and KEV School Cash Online software programs would be considered an asset.
Teamwork and cooperation is the ability to work co-operatively with diverse teams, work groups and across the organization that includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
Listening, Understanding and Responding is the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds. It includes the ability to understand accurately and respond effectively to both spoken and unspoken or partly expressed thoughts, feelings and concerns of others.
Planning, Organizing and Coordinating involves proactively planning, establishing priorities and allocating resources. It is expressed by developing and implementing increasingly complex plans. It also involves monitoring and adjusting work to accomplish goals and deliver to the organization’s mandate.
Service Orientation implies a desire to identify and serve customers/clients, who may include the public, co-workers, other branches/divisions, other ministries/agencies, other government organizations, and non- government organizations. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer/client.
Problem Solving/Sound Judgment is the ability to analyze problems systematically, organize information, and identify key factors and options leading to successful outcomes.
Leadership Competencies: Self-Management; Increased Capacity to Learn; Decision Making; Demonstrate Ethics and Integrity; Managing Change; Displaying Drive and Purpose.
Apply at https://bit.ly/2IPcsmu by November 27th, 2020.
View Original Source Source