Are you a seasoned Senior Android Software Developer, with strong experience in Java/Kotlin programming and a systematic approach to OOP, design, SOLID, implementation and troubleshooting? Our BC client is seeking to hire SW developers that can bring in valuable Android development experience to work on developing an entire new platform, on a permanent full-time basis. Apply to this amazing Senior Android Developer opportunity today!
What will you do?
As an experienced Android Software Developer you will:
•Responsible for developing and maintaining stable, production ready applications within Linux based systems.
Take part in multiple aspects of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation and peer review.
Computer Science, Engineering or Technology diploma with relevant industry experience.
Required/desired competences ordered by priority:
1. An extensive knowledge of at least one of the two official Android development languages: Java/Kotlin.
2. Aware of Vital Android SDK concepts (Fundamentals of Views/View Groups, Layouts, User input, Ways to get data from the web, Storing data, Action bars,Adapting apps for different screen sizes, Familiar with Android documentation).
3. Knowledge of modern Android Application Architecture Guidelines.
4. The advantage will be one of following knowledges:
– MVVM Architecture with Android Architecture Components
– Understanding of Material Design Guidelines
– Git knowledge
– Use Navigation Component
– Clean Architecture principles
– Using Coroutines to handle data flow (instead of RXJava)
– Use of Dagger
– Creating network requests with Retrofit
– Creating gRPC requests with protobuf
– Persisting data with Room Persistence Library
– UI testing with Espresso
– Code quality checks using Lint and Detekt
– Unit testing each layer of the app
How do you qualify?
To qualify for the Android Software Developer role with our client, you must have:
•3-5+ years’ Java/Kotlin programming experience on Android.
•Excellent communication, interpersonal, technical and organizational skills.
If you’re a proactive IT professional with a passion for taking initiative and seeking challenges in new technical areas, then this Android Software Developer role with our BC client could be the perfect opportunity for you!
All interviews and on-boarding an be done remotely.
Please contact Danielle Jacobson with your resume at:
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.
View Original Source Source