Parks & Environmental Services – Regional Parks
Regular Full Time
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$32.42 – $35.53 per hour
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on November 9, 2020 however, will remain open until filled
The Senior Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing budgeting and financial analysis to the Regional Parks division, ensuring proper financial controls are maintained in accordance with CRD policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in preparing the annual budget, multi-year forecasts and budget presentations for Regional Parks.
- Consults with senior managers and staff to prepare and input changes to budgets,
- Ensures budget and budget documents are prepared according to CRD policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Creates and develop various financial and budget reports using SAP, and Excel and prepares presentations.
- Prepares proposed cost sharing formulas for allocations and for new services or for sharing costs within existing services.
- Coordinates, communicates, gathers, and assembles the budget packages. Assists with setup and maintenance of the division’s budget files and records for retrieval of data.
- Liaises with Finance to set up and maintains financial account structure for all operating budgets.
- Develops and maintains 10 year equipment replacement schedule and 5 year capital expenditure budget.
- Advises on capital and non-capital expenditures and facilitates capital fund transfers.
- Performs analysis and reviews of financial information to provide advice and support related to financial, budgeting and purchasing requirements.
- Facilitates tenders and requests for proposals for large procurements and services.
- Provides, assists and facilitates accounts payable to accurately process source documents.
- Facilitates journal entries and budget transfers as required.
- Creates, updates and maintains procedural documentation as required.
- Liaises with CRD Finance Department on financial matters.
- Coordinates and administers the purchasing card program.
- Enters all timesheets into SAP by payroll deadline. Responds to leave and payroll queries, coordinate and responds to seasonal staff payroll matters.
- Maintains petty cash fund.
- Prepares purchase orders and invoices as required
- Assists with administrative support duties as required.
- Coordinates file management processes, including initiating new files, to facilitate prompt and accurate storage and retrieval of information and act as SharePoint champion.
- Administers and tracks RFPs, contracts, service agreements, license agreements, and tenancy rental agreements.
- Provides Administrative assistance to Regional Parks
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Two year diploma in Accounting or 3rd year level CGA or CMA Program and three to five years of financial processes and budget development experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Knowledge of GAAP and CRD financial policies and procedures.
- Sound and demonstrated understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel) and presentation (MS PowerPoint) software.
- Expertise in PC desktop applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint are required as well as SAP and essential.
- Ability to work independently and to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other departmental staff, general public and other CRD personnel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to prepare staff reports and correspondence and to communicate with internal and external clients essential.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work well in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work with minimum direction, work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to use independent judgement and discretion, determine priorities and meet deadlines.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source