Make a Future
School District No. 60 (Peace River North)
School District No. 60 (Peace River North) is inviting applications for the position of Secretary- Treasurer. We are seeking an experienced, dynamic and progressive business leader to take on this important and challenging leadership role.
In School District 60, we serve over 6000 students in 23 schools throughout the region and communities of Fort St. John, Taylor, Charlie Lake, Hudson’s Hope with an annual budget of 75 million dollars. We are proud to work and learn on the traditional territory of the Dane-zaa. We are known as a progressive district that leverages technology for learning, supports a thriving trades and careers program as well as programming in arts, music and athletics. The district offers K to 12 French Immersion and a band program from grades 6-12. We enjoy a four seasons lifestyle of recreational activities in a spectacular natural setting with all the amenities and a full-service airport in Fort St. John. You’ll find musical and theatre performances, farmer’s markets, cultural events, and a variety of indoor and outdoor pursuits including: fishing, hiking, recreation leagues, swimming, mountain biking, skiing and golfing outside your door.
The Secretary-Treasurer is the chief financial officer for the District and reports directly to the Superintendent of Schools/CEO. As the Secretary-Treasurer to the Board of Education, you will support the operation of the Board of Education and its corporate affairs including all financial, legal and general business activities of the District.
The Secretary-Treasurer is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the process and preparation of annual operating and capital budgets and other financial planning activities are consistent with the vision, goals and policies of the Board;
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements imposed by the School Act and other legislation regarding financial, trustee and Board related matters;
- Advising and supporting the Board on all aspects of governance and business matters, developing and recommending policy and procedures to enhance efficient and effective operation of the district;
- Leading and supporting the work of the finance department;
- Overseeing transportation, operations and maintenance;
- Project management
- Maintaining and growing community relations and partnerships
Our District is seeking a highly competent administrator with exemplary interpersonal and communication skills. This individual will have proven fiscal management and accountability skills, along with the ability to work in a collaborative service-oriented fashion with the Superintendent, senior staff and the Board of Education.
Desired Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- A fundamental commitment to public education, student success and the school community;
- A high level of self-regulation and professionalism;
- Experience with provincial legislation compliance requirements;
- Experience with support of board governance.
- A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Superior interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated success at a senior management level, ideally in a BC Public School District or similar sized organization;
- Exemplary financial planning and management skills;
- Extensive knowledge and experience with computerized financial and HR administration systems;
- Experience in labour relations in a unionized environment;
- A demonstrated collaborative and constructive style of leadership;
Our district offers a competitive salary and generous benefits including a professional development package and relocation allowances. The preferred commencement date for this position will be March 1, 2021.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply in confidence by submitting a detailed resume with supporting documentation and three (3) professional references by 12:00 noon on Monday, January 4th, 2021 on https://bit.ly/2JKGGrl.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those interviewed will be contacted
View Original Source Source