Requisition ID: 30613
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The primary purpose of this position is to investigate business requirements; design, develop, document and support SAP related solutions; and recommend changes to business processes. This position is a leader of SAP development projects through the preliminary investigation, analysis of requirements, business case and feasibility analysis, design, implementation, quality control, documentation, and post-implementation review phases. This position provides ongoing application support for SAP Controlling (CO), Project System (PS) and Investment Management (IM) including system design and configuration, report development and user support. This position has access to confidential information and makes recommendations for changes in methods, processes and procedures that may impact on financial and operational areas as well as staffing work loads, working conditions, changes in positions or staffing levels.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
Reports to the Manager SAP Finance/Logistics within Technology Services Applications Development, works closely with other SAP and project team members, external Vendors, Help Centre staff, business customers, and other IT partners. May supervise external consultants, and evaluate developers for project deliverables.
- Consults with customers to understand their requirements.
- Develops SAP solution alternatives including work procedure changes, and recommends the most suitable alternative to assist customers in meeting their operational requirements.
- Designs, develops, modifies and maintains SAP CO, PS, IM (and related) configuration to meet business and operational requirements.
- Develops technical specifications including diagrams and charts to provide the blueprints for SAP developers to write or code programs.
- Prepares documentation including project charters, system requirements definition, business cases, system reviews, training materials, system configuration documentation, test documentation etc.
- Develops detailed project plans and tracks progress.
- Manages small projects through all phases from planning through to maintenance and support.
- Recommends changes in methods, processes and procedures that may impact on financial and operational areas as well as staffing work loads, working conditions, changes in positions or staffing levels.
- Reviews or develops test scripts and scenarios to ensure adequate testing of SAP system configuration and integration.
- Performs testing of problem fixes (SAP fixes/notes), configuration changes, enhancements and new functionality in order to ensure system integrity and proper integration across SAP applications.
- Remains current with developments in SAP applications and related technologies, including releases and enhancements/new functionality.
- Identifies opportunities to improve operational effectiveness through the use of technology and makes recommendations where appropriate (make changes to use of system, business process and/or add additional functionality).
- Delivers presentations to customers (users, departments) and technical staff on SAP related solutions and technologies.
- Provides problem resolution for calls referred by Help Desk.
- Investigates and follows up on SAP system errors/problems, and liaises with SAP, IT staff and others as required to resolve these issues.
- Develops and maintains SAP system configuration documentation.
- Provides technical assistance with SAP upgrades and the implementation of other modules, including integration to other applications.
- Provides support to corporate and departmental reporting. Assists in the use of existing reports and develops/documents additional reports and analytics as required.
- Monitors applications performance, trouble shoots problems with technical specialists.
- Participates in training of customers and provides on-going training support and guidance.
- Participates in the development of new standards.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Position Requirements
- Related Post-secondary degree, with preference for graduate degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SAP Certification (or an equivalent combination of training and experience).
- Minimum 5 years experience implementing and supporting SAP Controlling (CO), Project System (PS), Investment Management (IM) and related Finance and Logistics modules.
- Experience with other SAP Finance/Logistics modules (EAM, MM, SRM) is important.
- Good understanding of SAP platform integration. Understanding of Project System integration with Finance, HCM, SCM and EAM.
- Experience with Project settlement and other PS period end closing functions.
- Knowledge/experience configuring and supporting SAP Fiori applications is desirable.
- Experience with SAP reporting tools such as Report Writer, Report Painter, BW/BI and Business Objects tools such as Analysis for Office, Lumira, Design Studio or Web Intelligence.
- SAP programming background is a strong asset.
- Combination of strong technical and business skills is required.
- Extensive knowledge of municipal business processes would be an asset.
- Experience creating and managing project plans for small or medium size projects ensuring user requirements are met and projects are completed on time.
- Experience developing, coordinating, and delivering training courses and materials to identified training populations.
- Knowledge of current trends in SAP related products and solutions (eg. ECC, Fiori, S/4HANA, Business Intelligence).
- Demonstrated operational and project management skills: results focused, team oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of office productivity tools (e.g. Windows, MS Office, MS Project, Visio, etc.)
- Experience with Agile development and the use of tools such as Azure DevOps (Visual Studio Team Services) would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to handle business critical and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Continuous improvement and continuous learning mindset.
Business Unit/Department: IT, Digital Strategy & 311 (1070)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Application Close Date: June 13, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply through our careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source