SAP Basis Administrator
Requisition ID: 20873
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The SAP BASIS Administrator will be responsible for maintenance of SAP system landscape in a complex SAP environment. This position is responsible for various aspects of SAP System including performance and architecture and provides support and advice on associated technical strategy setting. This role will work with both SAP and non-SAP Teams to help build and maintain the SAP Platform to meet the needs of the business. SAP BASIS admin is responsible for actively supporting and/or leading complex SAP system and infrastructure projects. This individual will work with ECC, BW, SRM, MDM, PI/PO, NetWeaver Portal, Solution manager, Gateway Fiori, Business Objects and other SAP systems.
The SAP BASIS Adminstrator will plan, implement and install new SAP systems, Support Packs, Enhancement packs, upgrades and patches. The successful candidates should have strong Skills in SAP ABAP & Java stack administration.
The position reports to the Manager SAP Systems within Technology Services Applications Development and works closely with other SAP and project team members, external Vendors, Help Centre staff, business customers, and other IT partners. This individual may supervise external consultants, and evaluate consultants for project deliverables.
- Perform BASIS administrator duties which includes Installations, Upgrades, Migrations, Patches, System copies, Archiving, UX support, Conduct failover for SAP Systems, monitor and ensure performance of SAP systems, Print Administration, Cron Jobs and Batch scheduling for SAP Applications
- Handles Transport Management and help team with SAP change request management (Charm) process in Solution Manager
- Ensures IT Change Management processes and controls for all SAP Changes
- Participates in SAP upgrades and the implementation of other SAP modules
- Handle system Backup/Restore and Disaster Recovery Procedures for SAP Environments
- Performs system monitoring and maintenance so that unscheduled outages are minimized
- Recommend and initiate change requests (e.g. SAP Kernel, Support Pack Upgrades) as needed to enhance system functionality
- Provide recommedations for SAP technical architecture design by collaborating with Enterprise Architecture team, Integration team and external business partners for existing and new SAP technologies
- Manages small projects through all phases from planning, execution to maintenance and support
- Remains current with the development of SAP Technologies, their trend and capabiltites
- Identifies opportunities to improve operational effectiveness through the use of technology and makes recommendations where appropriate ( must be a Technical SME in analyzing the impact to the SAP environments)
- Delivers presentations to SAP team and technical staff on SAP related solutions and technologies
- Provides problem resolution for calls referred by Service Desk
- Investigates and follows up on SAP system errors/problems, and liaises with SAP Team members, SAO OSS, IT staff and others as required to resolve these issues
- Develops and maintains Complex Technical configuration documentation
- Participates in the development of new standards
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years of SAP Basis Administration or related experience – NetWeaver Administration, DB2 Database management, UNIX or AIX OS management or system backup management
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experience in SAP system administration, installation, upgrade, configuration and advanced troubleshooting
- Knowledge and experience with SAP ECC, BW, SRM, MDM, PI/PO, NetWeaver Portal, Solution manager, Gateway Fiori, Business Objects, SAP Bolt-on’s and other SAP systems, SAP BASIS Certification, SAP Fiori Administration experience, SAP PO/PI Administration experience, S/4 Hana and HDB experience, SAP Success Factors experience are strongly preferred
- A Police Record Check is a requirement of this position. A clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good understanding of SAP technical platform and ddemonstrated technical knowledge of UNIX and general system operation functions
- Considerable knowledge of SAP database, data and table structures
- Proven ability to act as an internal consultant to make technical recommendations based on understanding of SAP business processes and data
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and response to requests in a timely manner
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Proven ability to take full responsibility for the SAP BASIS environment when the SAP Technical Team Lead is out of the office
- Strong understanding of SAP Bolt-on and supporting technologies (eg. Epiuse, ReadSoft)
- Through working knowledge of current trends in SAP related products and solutions (eg. ECC, Fiori, S/4HANA, PO, Success Factors, Business Intelligence).
- Demonstrated operational and project management skills: results focused, team oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of office productivity tools (e.g. Windows, MS Office, MS Project, Visio, etc.) and experience with Agile development and the use of tools such as Azure DevOps (Visual Studio Team Services) would be an asset
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to handle business critical and sensitive information
- Possess continuous improvement and continuous learning mindset
Business Unit/Department: Office of the CIO – IT
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: November 2020
Application Close: November 6, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities. The City of Vancouver is always interested in adding high performing team members to its staff. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply on our careers site.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source