Risk and Insurance Coordinator
Regular Full Time (Exempt)
One of BC’s Top Employers, the City of Coquitlam is the sixth largest city in BC, home to more than 150,000 residents. Our municipality continues to grow through innovative urban design, inspiring arts, culture and recreation programs, and state- of-the-art transportation systems. Our brand is built on managing our resources in a responsible and sustainable manner, while supporting a vibrant, growing regional urban centre.
The City of Coquitlam is currently seeking an innovative and driven Risk and Insurance Coordinator for our Legal and Bylaw Services division. This position reports to our Risk and Emergency Manager and will focus on managing and minimizing risk to the City.
As the Risk and Insurance Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing the City’s corporate insurance portfolio and claims management duties. The focus of the position is on managing strategies and systems related to public and corporate risk to minimize financial losses for the City while ensuring sound business continuity planning and practices. As the Risk and Insurance Coordinator, you will be responsible for analyzing market trends to manage the City’s insurance portfolio in a fiscally prudent manner; evaluating and managing its brokerage service provider(s); and adjusting and managing claims against the City. This position works in close collaboration with other professionals in the division, including in-house lawyers and emergency programs staff, as well as purchasing, real estate and contract management staff and business continuity champions throughout the organization.
The Risk and Insurance Coordinator is an exciting role that liaises with business units within the City, and the successful applicant will take an interest in learning about and understanding departmental needs seeking to understand overarching organizational priorities. In this position, you can look forward to exercising discretion over complex recommendations while also building relationships and engaging with both internal stakeholders and claimants. Considerable independent leadership, innovation and judgment are required in managing, planning and organizing the key responsibilities of this role.
In addition to a post-secondary education in Business, Public Administration, Finance, Risk Management and/or another relevant discipline, you preferably possess a minimum of 5 years of related experience in municipal insurance and risk management, including with claims adjustment and underwriting. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a team of professionals, and the successful individual will be compensated with an attractive salary, excellent benefits and a great deal of job satisfaction.
- A CIP designation (preferably with a Risk Management focus) is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ related experience in a municipal insurance or risk management environment, including claims adjusting or underwriting experience, is required.
- CRM designation is an asset.
- Public sector business continuity planning experience and/or CBCP designation is an asset.
- Emergency management experience and/or diploma or certificate is an asset.
- Ability to adapt to a continually evolving environment centred around team focused, fast-paced workplace design.
- Experience working within or alongside local government teams, other public sector organizations and external stakeholders such as those in the financial or legal profession.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to serve a wide variety of internal and external parties.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate, influence, and liaise effectively with colleagues, members of the public and external agencies.
- Advanced research, analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to identify and interpret emerging issues.
- Excellent leadership, customer service and project management skills.
- An understanding of the strategic direction of the City.
The City offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a police security clearance evaluation.
Please apply online at www.coquitlam.ca/careers by 11:55pm January 5, 2021.
The City of Coquitlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source