Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Recreation Worker 2 – Youth Leader
Parks and Recreation
CUPE, Local 387
$20.66 /hour (2019 Rate)
+12% in lieu of all benefits
NO. OF POSITIONS:
Up to 3
HOURS OF WORK:
The City of New Westminster requires dynamic and energetic auxiliary Youth Leaders to work in the Youth Services Division of the Parks and Recreation Department. You will work closely with Neighborhood Youth Workers and Youth Center Supervisor, encouraging youth to be active in the community by working with youth in drop-in programs, out trips and special events.
- Completed courses in Community Recreation, Child and Youth Care, Social Services or a related field.
- Experience working with youth aged 11-18 in a recreation environment.
- Possess strong leadership skills with the ability to be an effective team player.
- Ability to handle diverse situations with youth from a variety of backgrounds.
- Valid First Aid Level 1 certificate and valid Class 4 BC Driver’s License are assets.
- Ability to successfully pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
- Ability to work a minimum of 5 – 15 hours per week based on operational requirements
*The successful candidate must be available to work after school hours and some evenings and weekends as operationally required.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #20-80 by November 11, 2020, to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
View Original Source Source