City of Langford
Records and FOI Coordinator
$37.64 to $41.13 per hour
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for a Full-Time Records and FOI Coordinator position with our Legislative Services department!
As our Records and FOI Coordinator, you will respond to public enquiries, and support the development, implementation and maintenance of both the City’s Records Management (RM) program and freedom of information (FOI) activities. You will also support City staff and departments with Records and FOI training, and create reports and statistics regarding the RM program and FOI responses.
Our ideal candidate will have post-secondary education in library and information studies, information management, archival studies, or public administration, and three (3) years’ experience (preferably in a records management and FOI setting). Preference will be given to candidates with work experience in local government.
Candidates should also have:
- Knowledge of records and information management theory and procedure in a local government setting;
- Knowledge of, and proven ability to apply, the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Knowledge of BC legislation related to RM, scanning and local government;
- Experience in interpreting bylaws, policies, and other applicable provincial/federal legislation;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of individuals and teams at all levels;
- Strong research and technical writing skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- A sense of humour, with the ability to take your work seriously but not yourself!
The salary range offered for this full-time position is $37.64 to $41.13 per hour plus an excellent benefits package including one of Canada’s top pension plans, and a 35-hour modified work week schedule with flex days. Please refer to the job opportunities page of our website at www.langford.ca for more information and a detailed job description.
Please submit your resume by noon on Friday, February 26, 2021 to the City of Langford, Human Resources Department, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue, Victoria, BC, V9B 2X8 or e-mail at email@example.com (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail.)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source