City of Merritt
RCMP Clerk (Front Counter)
RCMP Support Services
Merritt is a small and vibrant City, nestled in the beautiful Nicola Valley. The moderate climate, central location and welcoming community make Merritt a great place to live, work and play.
The City of Merritt’s strategic orientation is to pursue growth as a progressive, attractive, economically viable City that is socially responsible and environmentally sustainable. Our focus is on meeting the needs of our city and our success is driven by our dedicated people, who work with integrity and respect, to serve the community with excellence.
The City of Merritt has an exciting opportunity for a full-time RCMP Clerk. As part of the municipal RCMP Support Services team, you would be responsible for operating the front counter at the Merritt RCMP Detachment and for a variety of tasks that support quality policing services in the community.
As a key point of contact for the public and other internal and external stakeholders, you will use your superior customer service, communication and conflict resolution skills to provide customer service in a fast-paced, high stress environment. In this role, you will work with sensitive, private and confidential information and with the public, offenders and others in situations relating to crime, victimization, crisis and trauma. You will enter data into RCMP information systems such as stolen vehicles, missing persons and warrant confirmations. You will retrieve information from various RCMP databases to conduct tasks such as Police Information Checks and vulnerable sector checks.
You will take fingerprints of people and maintain prisoner logs, issue and coordinate liquor permits and ICBC operation permits. You will create and maintain internal records and files and dispatch RCMP members to those files all in compliance with RCMP policies, procedures and protocols. This role also provides administrative support to RCMP members including coordinating maintenance appointments for the fleet and cross-coverage for other municipal support services positions.
- Post secondary course work in criminology, or a related field, knowledge of the Criminal Justice System supplemented by recent related operational experience in a police environment, with RCMP systems and records, court procedures. court procedures. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and comply with policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high stress environment
- Superior communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Conflict resolution and/or nonviolent communication skills are an asset.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to execute tasks efficiently demonstrating good judgement.
- Ability to work competently in an office environment with office equipment with a minimal typing speed of 45 words per minute. Experience working with JUSTIN and/or PRIME are assets.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance as a condition of employment.
If you are seeking a challenging opportunity and are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy and safe environment, we invite you to apply. This position is in the CUPE bargaining unit with a wage rate of $29.06 per hour (2020 rates).
Applications will be accepted through our website at https://www.merritt.ca/employment/.This position will be posted until filled; for full consideration, please apply before 4:30pm on December 23, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply today @ Merritt.ca
View Original Source Source