RCMP Clerk #192
Closing Date: October 1, 2020
At the City of Kamloops, we are focused on creating the highest levels of service excellence, based on an organization-wide community culture that celebrates our employees who make it all happen. We are known as Canada’s Tournament Capital and are famous for our hospitality and community spirit, traits that make us a leader! Recreation, sports, arts and culture, health care, social activities, volunteerism, and affordable housing all meld to form a unique blend of big city amenities with small-town ambience. This is Kamloops!
Let’s make Kamloops shine! Join our team today.
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Temporary, Full-Time RCMP Clerk with the City of Kamloops! This position involves a wide variety of public contact duties, operating the non-emergency RCMP Detachment switchboard, and operating various police computer systems and related
equipment. The incumbent is required to handle and process public counter complaints/files, prepare and type a variety of documents, and process police records applications and other fee for service matters.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Operates switchboard, answers incoming calls, provides information and assistance to the public, relays messages to appropriate contacts, and takes messages.
- Handles complaints and inquiries at the counter. Explains regulations and procedures to the general public as required. Generates occurrence files and distributes as required.
- Receives and completes a variety of documentation related to RCMP operations. Prepares, types, and transcribes a variety of documentation, records, and standard legal documents, and receives cash.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of senior secondary school or its equivalent.
- Proficient in intermediate Word and basic Excel, as demonstrated through testing. A 70% pass rate is required.
- Minimum one year’s previous office experience where dealing with the public in person or over the phone were a significant part of the job duties.
- Typing speed of 45 net words per minute, as demonstrated through testing.
- Proficient in alphanumeric data entry, as demonstrated through testing.
- Ability to successfully complete and pass all required courses offered on the job (e.g. PRIME and CPIC).
- Ability to be designated a Special Constable status under the British Columbia Police Act.
- Current RCMP Reliability Security Clearance (due to the position being temporary in nature).
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
Please note that this is a temporary position until return of the incumbent. This position will receive 14% in lieu of all benefits, vacation, stat holidays, and health time.
Hours & Days of Work
Monday to Friday Weekly Rotation 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m./11:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Community and Protective Services -> RCMP
Client Support Services Supervisor
October 1, 2020
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
View Original Source Source