Delta Police Department
Department: DPD Information & Security – PRIME
Employment Group: CUPE Local 454
Job ID: CE20-16
Hours of Work: Standard 35 hour work week (M-F 0800-1600)
Pay Rates: $28.00 – $32.90
Nature and Scope of Work:
This is varied and moderately complex clerical work requiring considerable knowledge of applicable departmental functions, procedures, and policies. The incumbent reads police occurrence files, adds or obtains additional information from police members, and adds or corrects information in the appropriate police computer system. The work is performed under general supervision and work performance is reviewed by a superior in terms of conformance to established procedures, policies and maintenance of established standards.
Illustrative Examples of Work:
- Reviews files and records; maintains, updates, validates and controls same in accordance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures; enters and/or corrects discrepancies that are clearly evident or returns file to police members for additional required information.
- Adds, modifies or corrects data in various police record management systems as required; retrieves and verifies PRIME and Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) information entered by other staff; reviews such files for adherence to operational reporting system rules and regulations.
- Liaises and consults with various external agencies including police departments, Court, Corrections and Motor Vehicle Branch.
- Prepares statistical reports; reviews and maintains diary date system; advises members of external reporting requirements.
- Prepares, processes and maintains a variety of policies, procedural guides, files, records, reports and related material; provides, in accordance with departmental policy, factual information regarding file content to a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Provides orientation and direction to civilian staff and police members regarding standards and procedures.
- Performs related work as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to maintenance of Police occurrence files and records.
- Sound knowledge of methods, practices and procedures used in operating current data systems terminals, specializing in single or multiple systems, as required. Specifically PRIME, CPIC, RMS, JUSTIN and Intellibook.
- Sound knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada and other applicable Federal and Provincial Statutes enforced by the Delta Police.
- Sound knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Ability to ensure that departmental files and records are maintained in accordance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures and to perform notification when file is deficient or to make corrections as required.
- Ability to operate computer and other office equipment, to prepare, process and maintain a variety of files, records and reports and to perform related clerical work.
- Ability to provide a variety of internal and external contacts with factual file content information in accordance with departmental policy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise initiative.
Desirable Training and Experience:
High School Grade 12 supplemented by courses related to the work and considerable related experience in a Police Department; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Required Licenses, Certificates and Registrations:
Security clearance is required and will be maintained throughout employment.
In order to be eligible for employment with the Delta Police Department, you must be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, and be at least 18 years of age.
View Original Source Source