Are you a seasoned IT Technician with a Retail background in search of your next contract opportunity? Our high-profile Downtown Vancouver client is seeking to hire a QA Lab Admin to join their team, on a long-term contract with a strong probability of extension. Apply to this amazing QA Lab Admin opportunity today!
What’s in it for you!
As a QA Lab Admin with our Downtown Vancouver client, you’ll receive:
• Highly competitive market hourly rates.
• A 6-month contract with a strong probability of extension.
• Remote interview process.
• Beautiful Downtown Vancouver office.
What will you do?
As a QA Lab Admin with our Downtown Vancouver client, you will:
• As part of the Retail Systems team, the Lab Admin will coordinate and communicate the install and deployment of the POS builds that are being delivered into the QA environments
• Maintain proper documentation for all build installs that can be easily consumed by other members of the ITSS team for deployment.
• Utilized for QA testing activities where applicable and to be able to help support when required on a variety of projects.
• Participate and contribute in team meetings, user group discussions and brainstorming sessions to identify best practices, future directions and new functionality. Research technical issues and provide alternatives and/or solutions. Reporting to the QA Manager of Retail POS Systems.
• Responsible for all Lab equipment and hardware, and maintaining the technical ‘environment’ of each workstation
• Responsible for managing the rotation of hardware, and for cleanliness/maintenance of secured storage areas
• Update technical knowledge to keep current and on par with industry project work, ensure the project meets goals and objectives, and resolve project problems
How do you qualify?
To qualify for the QA Lab Admin role with our Downtown Vancouver client, you must have:
• Must be self-confident, outgoing, and able to work effectively with management and staff.
• Excellent communications skills: verbal, written, and presentational.
• Strong working knowledge in the following areas: creating test cases, Agile development methodology, Retail POS systems (Micros-Retail, Oracle).
• At least four-five years of experience in a large IT team supporting a complex environment
• An understanding of relational databases, preferably MS SQL Server, Oracle, and system integration methodologies, java.
• Any scripting experience with Bash, Perl, Powershell would be amazing to have.
• Well-organized and has excellent planning skills.
• Experience in a retail apparel environment is a definite asset.
• Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience. Not necessary but nice to have.
If this sounds like you, then the QA Lab Admin role with our Downtown Vancouver client could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Please contact Apurva Shaw with your resume at:
View Original Source Source