Public Works Foreman
Exempt Full Time Position
The District of Vanderhoof is a community of 4,439 residents, known for its amazing outdoor recreation opportunities, affordable living, and sense of community. The District is located one hour east of Prince George, in the centre of BC.
The Public Works Department is seeking an individual with outstanding leadership skills, work ethic and a safety first attitude to join our team. The successful applicant will have a balance of technical knowledge and proven leadership skills. The Public Works Foreman is responsible for planning, assigning and reviewing the work of all operations staff engaged in providing District operational services. This position works the direct supervision and reports to the Operations Superintendent.
- Completion of grade 12 plus considerable related experience, 3 years or more, preferable in a municipal setting
- Considerable experience with progressive leadership, coaching, mentoring and engaging productive teams
- Environmental Operator certification and Ice Facility Operator certification preferable
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in municipal operations
- Must possess proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer applications, ie: city reporter
- Considerable knowledge of municipal arena/parks operations
- Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions related to the municipal operations
- Considerable knowledge of the policies, bylaws and departmental rules, regulations and procedures applicable to the Public Works Department
- Ability to plan, assign, review and supervise the work of subordinates, and oversee the work of contractors
- Ability to develop annual programs, schedules, work plans
- Ability to review and advise on matters as requested by other departments
- Ability to read blueprints, sketches, plans and diagrams
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports related to the work
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts, and to investigate and respond to complaints
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, and demonstrate excellent listening skills
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public in a courteous, professional and effective manner
- Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety first attitude
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license with air brake endorsement
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, any related certifications, criminal record check, driver’s abstract and provide three work related references. The annual salary range of this exempt position is $70,000 – $80,000 with comprehensive benefits offered.
If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply.
Please submit your application package for consideration by the 4:00 pm on January 28, 2021 to email@example.com
View Original Source Source