Property Use/Business Licence Bylaw Enforcement Coordinator
If you are civic minded and interested in making an impact on people and businesses on the beautiful North Shore, consider working for the District of North Vancouver.
Home to vast parkland and attractions including Grouse Mountain, Lynn Canyon and Capilano Suspension Bridge, the District is inspired by nature, and enriched by people. The District offers exciting professional development opportunities and a competitive total compensation package. We are a flexible, family- friendly employer with a compressed work week program (9-day fortnight) and an inclusive work-place culture. This is an exciting time to join the District, as we embark on a range of initiatives to transform digital service delivery, customer experience, and our approach to climate action.
A position is available for a regular full-time Property Use/Business Licence Bylaw Enforcement Coordinator to work within our Planning, Properties & Permits Division. You will be required to inspect premises to determine compliance with relevant sections of the zoning, building and related bylaws; investigate bylaw complaints and enforce bylaws related to zoning, signs and related matters. Also required is the ability to investigate business and trades operations to ensure compliance to applicable bylaws, regulations and statutes. The incumbent prepares reports on all inspections, recommends corrective action where specific bylaw infractions are observed; conducts follow-up inspections to determine if the infraction has been corrected; and gathers and provides evidence in court for cases involving violations of applicable bylaws.
The successful applicant will have:
- Considerable knowledge of the relevant sections of the bylaws and regulations related to municipal operations such as zoning, signs, business licenses and related matters.
- Sound knowledge of provincial court procedures and the rules of evidence related to the work.
- Working knowledge of the applicable sections of the building, electrical, plumbing and gas bylaws and related provincial statues.
- The ability to recognise bylaw infraction and violations; to investigate complaints and referrals; to enforce applicable bylaws and regulations with tact, impartiality, firmness and sound judgement; to decide between recommending remedial or legal action.
- The ability to interpret and explain applicable bylaws and regulations; to read sketches and plans; to prepare a variety of correspondence and reports and research information related to the work.
Qualifications: Grade 12, supplemented by technical courses related to the work plus considerable experience in inspectional, investigational, bylaw enforcement and building contraction work; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License is required.
The pay range for this unionized position is $36.39 – $42.96 per hour (2021 rates) based on a 35-hour work week.
If you have what we’re looking for and have a passion to serve people and the community we want to hear from you. Please apply on-line with your cover letter and resume at https://careers.dnv.org by February 5, 2021 to be considered for this competition.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted
View Original Source Source