We are looking for experienced Property or Operational Accountants for a remote, 6-month contract with a large and high volume client located in Mississauga. In this role, you will be supporting an influx of Covid provincial funding requirements, including financial reporting, support, and analysis for a large portfolio of properties within the company.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of accounting experience, not necessarily within the property space, but healthcare, long-term care, hospitality or corporate accounting at a property management or development company is an asset due to the nuances of the business. Preference will be given to candidates that can start immediately.
Irregular hours and overtime may be required. Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal reference check.
• 6 month opportunity with a growing nationwide company that is the leader in its industry
• Independent, remote opportunity where you will support the Operations Team directly, and not be siloed into property accounting
• Immediate turnaround position, company laptop will be provided
• Ability to develop recommendations for implementation as the team grows and scales; a creative, innovative, and independent candidate will thrive in this environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
• Minimum 5 years accounting experience.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office; need someone with Intermediate to high knowledge of Microsoft excel.
• Excellent knowledge of accounting software including Quickbooks and NetSuite
• Comfortable in working with large volume of data.
• AP, AR, Bank reconciliations.
• Knowledge of the Insurance Industry is an asset.
• 3+ years dealing with complex financial reporting packages and supporting management with budgets, reporting issues, and variance explanations
• Strong knowledge of Canadian GAAP and IFRS
• Public company experience, property accounting is a plus but not required
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of Tenant Protection Act and provincial legislations is a strong asset
• Professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, or CMA) OR equivalent work experience
If you are a Property or Operational Accountant who would like to learn more about this exceptional opportunity, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
View Original Source Source