Project Support Lead
Location: Victoria, BC, CA Nanaimo, BC, CA
Affiliation: Management & Exempt Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,400 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
Are you a process system driven individual?
Are you analytical and a natural problem solver at heart?
Does your strong organizational ability allow you to be a critical and logical thinker?
We want to hear from you! Our 2,400 employees come to work every day to meet the energy needs of our customers safely, reliably and affordably. Join the FortisBC family and be part of our Major Projects Risk and Governance team.
As our Project Support Lead, using Primavera P6 you will be responsible for providing process and technical support for the scheduling and estimating functions across various Operational Business Units
In this role, you will:
- Maintain, optimize and prioritize work to meet the demands of the Business Units. Maintain standards with respect to scheduling and forecasting aligning with financial reporting while utilizing the Project Management Framework.
- Investigate, resolve and report variances. Provide oversight including the management of costs and schedule related items; Review and approve invoices, third party contracts and internal service agreements.
- Working with the Operations Supervisor, Support, manage the technical roll-out of Primavera P6 across all the Business Units as well as the ongoing training and support for the Business Units. Coordinates with project resources scheduling and cost estimating to ensure and monitor compliance with broader level PPM Infrastructure as per service level commitments.
- Providing guidance on critical path and ensuring that project strategies are accurately reflected in existing cost and schedule forecasts.
- Facilitating change management and ensuring scope changes are reflected in cost and schedule forecasts as well as providing what-if and time scenario cost and schedule analysis.
- Develop and maintain master schedules using Primavera P6 in collaboration with the Operations Supervisor, Support, and Business Units.
- Develop, maintain and monitor Schedule and Cost Indicator performance measurements.
- Utilize experience and technical knowledge to solve work related problems and/or collaborate and refer to others.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders, customers, contractors, builders, municipal agencies, emergency response and environmental management personnel.
- Provide coaching to support performance, quality of work, and ongoing training and development of staff; manage attendance, identify performance issues and collaborate with others regarding disciplinary matters. Travel to work sites to provide quality oversight and maintain compliance with work and industry standards, applicable metrics, and service level agreements.
In year 1, you will:
- Successfully develop master schedules using Primavera P6 in collaboration with the Operations Supervisor, Support and Operational Business units.
- Manage the technical roll-out of Primavera P6 across all the Operational Business Groups in conjunction with IS and the PMO.
In year 2, you will:
- Develop Schedule and Cost Indicator performance measurements in collaboration with the Operations Supervisor,Support.
- Establish processes and protocols for project schedulers and controllers to ensure and monitor compliance with broader level PPM Infrastructure as per service level commitments.
What it takes:
- A great people person who promotes a high level of teamwork to get things done.
- A natural leader with an ability to drive success by delivering results within a large complex organization. Previous experience managing people is an asset.
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- Excellent communicator with the ability to interact and influence diverse stakeholder groups
- A sound working knowledge of Primavera P6 and its applicability in planning, scheduling, resource allocation, project controls and risk analysis
To view the detailed job description, click here.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees continue to report to the office while others work remotely. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we’ll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.
View Original Source Source