University of the Fraser Valley
Department: Information Technology Services
Status: Staff, 100% full-time, Temporary (one year)
Start Date: As soon as possible after review date
Salary Scale: $5,463.75 – $6,355.60 per month (Staff pay group 12)
Review Date: October 23, 2020
The University of the Fraser Valley is nationally recognized for its commitment to teaching excellence, community relevance, and Indigenization. With over 100 programs, from graduate and undergraduate arts, science, and professional degrees, to trades and technical education, university preparation and continuing education, UFV is the school of choice for over 15,000 students.
The University of the Fraser Valley is embarking on a major investment in its technology landscape, with corresponding expansion, revitalization, and reinvention of its infrastructure, systems, service management protocols, and project delivery methodology. Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer, UFV is redesigning the IT Department’s organizational structure and adding staff in both the frontline and management realms, aligning with the needs of the university.
IT Services is currently seeking a Project Manager. Working as part of the larger Office of the CIO team, the Project Manager works with the Client Experience team of IT Services and provides project management services to the University for both project and operational activities for various existing and new technology projects. Working with cross functional project teams, including both technical and business stakeholders, the PM is responsible for the coordination, documentation, planning, communication, assessment, and ongoing review of technology projects.
The PM will be responsible for managing all aspects of the project, including the initiation, planning, and execution phases; coordinating project tasks, stakeholders, and budget, while following project management principles and best practices.
Provide Project Management Services:
- Provide project management expertise and best practices in support of the successful completion of the project
- Collaborate with stakeholders and project teams to identify project requirements, schedules, resource needs, and costs.
- Identify resources required and assign individual responsibilities within the scope of the project
- Coordinate tasks ensuring tasks are completed on time
- Communicate with project stakeholders, team members, and leadership to ensure project tasks are completed on time and with minimal risk
- Identify and document project risks, work with stakeholders to develop appropriate mitigation strategies
- Document all project efforts using standard project management principles, e.g. Project Charter, Project Plan, Work
- Breakdown Structure, Communication Plan, Change Management, Project Budget, etc.
- Develop cost benefit analyses to support strategic directions
- Manage project financials and identify possible areas of concern
- Report to the Director, Client Experience and IT Managers on progress and issues arising.
Participate in and Support Project Committees:
- Provide support for project committees including set-up of meeting dates and sites, draft agenda for approval by Chair, follow- up on action items, prepare documents for meeting including management of document resource site
- Monitor progress on action items between meetings and follow-up as appropriate to ensure delegated task is being completed
- Provide verbal and written reports, including presentations, to project committees as required to inform decision making
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline, a combination of experience and education may be considered. In addition, a project management certification (e.g. PMP or similar) or equivalent courses is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience including at least 3-4 years of experience managing projects, ideally with exposure to technology implementations, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- General knowledge of project management principles and methodology.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in education, particularly with respect to post-secondary teaching and educational technology.
- Experience with project templates, word processing programs, and spreadsheets.
- Experience working in the post-secondary, or education sector.
- Experience coordinating and overseeing the work of multiple and diverse stakeholders on projects to ensure goals are met.
- Leadership competencies in change management, strategic planning, project management, innovation and vision, networking, and teamwork and cooperation.
How to apply
The Selection Advisory Committee will begin reviewing applications on October 23, 2020; however, the position will remain open until filled. Direct resume including evidence of appropriate qualifications, referring to Posting #2020.193 to email@example.com.
University of the Fraser Valley
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Tel: (604) 854-4554
Fax: (604) 854-1538
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo a criminal record check. Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide copies of their most recent evaluation summary.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. In an effort to be both environmentally and fiscally responsible, UFV will contact only candidates receiving an interview. We thank all applicants for considering UFV for employment.
UFV is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
View Original Source Source