School District No. 35 (Langley)
School District No. 35 (Langley)
Project Manager for Continuous Improvement (Excluded)
School District #35 (Langley) is seeking a full-time, continuing Project Manager for Continuous Improvement (Excluded).
Reporting to the Secretary-Treasurer, and working closely with the Superintendent’s Office, the Project Manager for Continuous Improvement is responsible for the coordination and delivery of strategic projects to support the District’s Mission. This position will have the opportunity to create positive change in the District’s culture and in how it operates and will work with staff to identify, prioritize and implement continuous improvement opportunities throughout the District.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply business analysis, project management and change management methodologies to develop successful implementation plans for significant improvements throughout the District, keeping the focus on the end users’ needs and experience.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions.
- Has current knowledge on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Develop and communicate project plans throughout the organization and provide update reports and results to Senior Management and the Board of Education.
- Identify barriers to improvement initiatives and work with District staff of all levels to remove the barriers.
- Analyze the District’s current processes and determine if there is a better way to innovate and improve the processes to allow the District to be more efficient, reducing costs, helping employees in their jobs, and improving service delivery.
- Lead various groups in being able to identify issues and to problem solve, leading to decisions or action plans to resolve issues and deliver solutions. The emphasis will be on mentoring and coaching project team members in the delivery of improvement events and the correct application of continuous improvement tools and concepts to ensure realization of improvement goals.
- Foster collaboration and effective working relationships with internal stakeholders that build a “community of problem solvers”, promoting cooperative goals and contributing to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Provide exceptional communication with all stakeholders
- Work closely with various departmental leads, acting as a resource and ensuring alignment to the Districts vision.
- Manage several projects and multiple priorities at one time.
- Provide senior management with sound, accurate advice and information on complex matters that involve significant dollar values and influence long-term decisions.
- Write and present business cases and proposals
- Liaise with other organizations to share best practices in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain direct contact with the schools and provide advice as required to principals and other administrative officials.
- Work with Purchasing in defining user requirements, evaluating supplier proposals, and working with suppliers on improvement opportunities.
- Manage and plan projects using Project Management best practices, identifying project scope, stakeholders, budget, and schedule as well as project risks, organization and PM approach.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in an applicable field or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent project management experience.
- Displays a strong understanding of the need for interrelationships between people, processes and enabling technologies as contributors to the Districts performance.
- Proven leadership, team building, and coaching abilities are essential to provide strong leadership for the district in the area of change management and organizational development.
- Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability work well with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to create a team approach in completing projects.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years relevant experience, including public education sector would be an asset
- Strong organization skills, excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, and attention to detail
- excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to provide strategic consulting and act as an agent of change
- Experience in managing IT related projects including SharePoint/Azure storage
- Experience deploying and/or improving the business flow in PowerSchool is an asset
- Training in LEAN Continuous Improvement; Six Sigma and/or other relevant process improvement best practices. Ability to reconcile differing perspectives, develop consensus, and secure cooperation and support from stakeholders, and to resolve conflicts within the project team or stakeholders in the most advantageous manner.
We offer a competitive salary including a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified individuals may submit an application by September 28, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Manager, Human Resources
The District appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: The successful applicant will be subject to a criminal record check.
View Original Source Source