We are Pomerleau. And you could be too.
Pomerleau is recognized as one of Canada’s leaders in theconstruction industry, in the institutional, commercial, industrial and civilengineering sectors. Clients benefit from our expertise as general contractor,construction manager, project manager and design-builder.
Pomerleau believes in delivering excellence. Every Pomerleau employee upholdsthis value, leading to the achievement of superior results in every sectorwhere we do business. Pomerleau: proud individuals who share a vision and arepassionate about what they do.
What YOU Will Do
- Grow and maintain strong relationships with teammembers, trade partners, consultants and clients to achieve the project goalsand vision;
- Develop and drive the construction schedule inconjunction with the project team ensuring that completion dates and milestonesare met;
- Put your problem-solving skills to work andrecommend innovative methods that will increase effectiveness and efficiency toensure project excellence and productivity;
- Use your proactive approach to ensure compliancewith our first-class Quality Program;
- Utilize your experience in trade partner selectionand coordination of their activities;
- Apply your financial management experience to plan,manage and respect project budgets, costs and associated purchasing;
- Share your knowledge and be a role model throughmentorship opportunities with project team members;
- Keep the lines of communication open regardingproject status and updates;
- Be an expert in risk management to ensure anyassociated project risk is minimized;Take pride in compiling and completing companywideproject reports;
- Demonstrate leadership in Health, Safety andEnvironmental Protection on the project. Effectively apply therequirements of the project specific safety standards to promote Pomerleau’sHS&E standards, applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes with allemployees and trade partners on the project;
- Celebrate project success and completion and be akey member of the project wrap-up process.
What YOU Will Bring
- 5+ years’ experience in the civil constructionindustry;
- University Degree/Technology Diploma inEngineering, or a combination of education and industry experience;
- A proven track record of project success and teamcollaboration;
- Previous successful experience managing projectsvalued at $30M+;
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skillswith the ability to effectively influence others and successfully resolve avariety of client, project and technical issues to bring the project tosuccessful completion;
- Strong knowledge of construction and projectmethodologies, financial management, as well as building codes and associatedlegislation;
- Role model status for health and safety as well asquality;
- A passion to develop, maintain and execute theproject schedule;
- Good computer skills and previous experience withscheduling software;
- Knowledge of the market.
Why Choose Pomerleau
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- Group insurance (including a health spending account!)
- Group RRSP
- Employer paid monthly public transit pass
- Fitness Membership or Activity Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Exciting training opportunities
- Dynamic culture
- Exciting career opportunities
- Summer hours
What are youwaiting for? Let’s build something extraordinary together. Apply now to join the team. We want to hear from you!
We thank allapplicants, but only those selected for further consideration will becontacted. Be sure to join our Talent Network to stay informed about alljob opportunities at Pomerleau.
Pomerleau Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Weare committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with theAccessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. During any stage of therecruitment and hiring process, accommodation for applicants with disabilitiesare available upon request.
View Original Source Source