Requisition ID: 28770
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Project Management Assistant supports the development, maintenance and improvement of the Quality Management System (QMS), which includes but not limited to Project Management Framework (PMF) and Engineering Quality Management Guides, respectively and coordinates and tracks project deliverables, key performance indicators (KPIs) and documentation control. The position also assists with business improvement initiatives and medium to large-scale projects during all phases of planning, execution, control and closeout.
The position reports to the Quality Assurance Manager and liaises and coordinates work with external parties and internal staff from other departments and Engineering branches such as Risk Management, Parks, Corporate Communications, Finance, REFM, Sustainability, Engineering Design and Operations.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the development, implementation and improvement of processes and procedures as well as the maintenance of SharePoint content and tools.
- Creates and maintains project planning and execution documentation such as project plans, status reports and risk register
- Tracks major initiatives and critical project milestones for follow up with the accountable stakeholders responsible for ensuring outcomes are delivered
- Sets up and maintains the document control system, including publication of approved documents used by Engineering Services
- Tracks and implements continuous improvement initiatives
- Identifies potential risks and issues and makes recommendations to the Quality Assurance Manager as appropriate
- Develops and maintains training materials and conducts and facilitates workshops
- Creates and presents related reports or topics to project team members, project stakeholders and/or partners and senior executives, including creating and distributing communications materials
- Participates in the internal quality auditing program and the evaluation of opportunities for improvement and non-conformances
- Follows up on the resolution of nonconformities and completion of continual improvements resulting from audits/reviews
- Tracks, reports and produces status dashboards on process and quality key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Organizes meetings and/or training sessions; records meeting minutes and follows up on action items/deliverables as necessary
- Acts as Project Manager for small projects, or parts of a large project
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline plus formal training in project management methodologies, preferably consistent with those provided by the Project Management Institute, and several years’ experience working on projects, preferably in a Municipal setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience in Continuous Improvement, Lean, Six Sigma, and Quality Auditing
- Experience in implementation and use of a document control system, such as VanDocs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of project management methodologies and standards.
- Considerable knowledge of quality tools and techniques (e.g., Pareto Chart, check sheets, flow charts, trend charts, cause-and-effect diagram).
- Sound knowledge of the fundamentals of budgeting and standard costing procedures
- Excellent records management skills and understanding of Quality Management System procedures.
- Ability to identify, track and accurately report project key performance indicators.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate priorities and deliver high quality and timely results under tight deadlines.
- Excellent conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Ability to research topics, analyze problems or trends, summarize results and make sound recommendations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing and conduct presentations across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively and interact respectfully and persuasively with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to multitask and to be adaptive and flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to manage change and assist others with adapting to change
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: June, 2021
Position End Date: June, 2022
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-024: $36.45 to $43.04 per hour
Application Close: May 9, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source