Requisition ID: 27433
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Project Facilitator role is exciting and challenging and will appeal to those who want to be part of the team of developers, design professionals, builders, and City staff who are making Vancouver liveable, safe, beautiful, and innovative. This position is responsible for managing and facilitating projects through all City review and approval processes, which involves the preliminary assessment of complex and/or controversial projects and assessing project issues and overall viability of proposals. You will identify all staff review groups and required approvals and coordinate proposals through a number of submissions from the design review stage to building construction and occupancy.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- As the primary contact for a project, you maintain constant liaison with project teams having a review/approval function, the project applicant and their representatives
- You organize and coordinate public consultation processes and handle queries and comments from interested citizens
- You are also required to chair public meetings, explain projects to neighbourhood groups and coordinate public presentations of other staff members.
- In addition to establishing and overseeing a schedule for project processing, you coordinate detailed project reviews by project teams and you also schedule, chair and document coordinated review meetings
- You ensure that resolution is reached on project issues, facilitate the resolution of conflict between review staff, applicant and community if required and facilitate negotiations of conditions of approval and clearances.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a University degree in Planning, Engineering, Architecture or a related field and sound related experience in urban development and/or project management, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Previous experience in a related position with project management responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Significant emphasis is placed on the demonstrated ability and skill of candidates to gain the cooperation and support of individuals with divergent expectations and objectives and to negotiate changes.
- Candidates will also possess the ability to coordinate team meetings, provide direction to members and establish responsibilities and commitments to schedules and target completion dates; to manage, chair and speak at large public meetings having controversial subjects under discussion
- Ability to make presentations to official bodies and community groups
- Ability to interpret complex agreements, coordinate and prepare reports and to coordinate multiple projects in various stages of development.
- Knowledge of municipal processes, City by-laws, and roles and responsibilities in the review and approval of projects is an asset.
A current and valid BC Driver’s License is a requirement of this position. The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities. Transportation arrangements must meet operational requirements of the Department.
Business Unit/Department: Development, Buildings & Licensing (1250)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: April, 2021
Position End Date: March, 2022
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-029: $44.83 to $53.01 per hour
Application Close: March 21, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source