(Regular Full Time, 35 hours per week)
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Engineering & Municipal Operations Department, Engineering Division, seeks an individual with outstanding work ethic and a safety-first attitude to join their team. The Project Engineer is responsible for performing a range of engineering and project management work including providing recommendations, setting project schedules; design work; document preparation; specifications; contract administration; budgetary oversight; cost estimates; scheduling; and report writing. The successful candidate must have well developed interpersonal skills as the role collaborates with engineering staff, consultants and a variety of internal and external contacts including other municipalities, regulatory agencies and the general public; works on multiple simultaneous opportunities and projects in various stages of completion.
It is anticipated that the successful applicant will support project management and coordination of several high-profile projects such as the Integrated Transportation and Infrastructure Master Plan, Columbia Diversion, Blackburn Crescent Street Improvements, Centennial Arena Roof Replacement, and Maccaud Park upgrades.
- Bachelor of Applied Science degree in a civil or mechanical engineering discipline.
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) in British Columbia. An experienced Engineer-In-Training (EIT) may be considered.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is considered an asset.
- A minimum five years of related experience involving a broad range of engineering, operational, project management and administrative responsibilities.
- Sound written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including letter, report writing, and presentation skills. Ability to explain difficult issues and works to establish consensus and compliance.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a complex series of project components to meet multiple time based deliverables requiring a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret technical information accurately; makes conclusions and diagnoses problems based on a sound understanding and application of engineering principles. Ensures quality standards are upheld in field of specialization and establishes project plans based on priorities of the team.
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public in a courteous, professional and effective manner;
- Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety-first attitude;
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license
- Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check.
In return for your valued contributions, you can expect a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, along the opportunity to collaborate with an outstanding team. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this position and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume and certifications for consideration by the application deadline.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline: January 10, 2021
View Original Source Source