Requisition ID: 31353
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
Working in a fast paced public-oriented Department, the Project Coordinator performs detailed review, coordination, and processing of development applications for compliance with various by-laws; co-ordinates development permit applications between various city departments, the community, review groups, owners, developers and design professionals from the initial application stage to permit issuance.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs technical, administrative and clerical work involving the examination of architectural plans accompanying Development Permit applications to ensure conformance with the Zoning and Development By-law, Building By-law, Parking By-law, Official Development Plan By-laws, Protection of Trees By-law, and various policies and guidelines adopted by City Council.
- Participates in pre-application meetings with other City process groups, owners, developers and design professionals to provide zoning analysis and policy input prior to the application stage. Monitors and manages a varied and heavy workload to maintain processing schedules. Participates in data entry and compiling of development permit documents and records. Performs data and records research from multiple sources such as property files and computer systems (PRISM, POSSE, DOMINO, and VanMap).
- As a team member in the Processing Centre works with minimal supervision, answering telephone and counter enquiries from the general public and design professionals related to pertinent By-laws and Council approved policies and guidelines.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a two-year diploma program in Building Technology from a recognized technical institute or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to read drawings and to perform complex calculations with considerable experience in plan examination, and to interpret and apply relevant by-laws, policies and guidelines in a consistent manner.
- Considerable knowledge of the applicable sections of the Zoning and Development By-law, the Building By-law, the Parking By-law, and other by-laws related to the work performed, as well as a sound understanding of the departmental policies and procedures involved in processing applications.
- Knowledge of Bluebeam software is desirable.
- Demonstrated time and project management abilities to meet deadlines and to manage a large volume of work with ever changing priorities in a flexible manner, often under pressure.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public using demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, in order to convey information and explain technical and procedural matters.
- Demonstrated computer skills with sound knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, data base and presentation applications.
A current and valid BC Driver’s License is a requirement of this position. The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities. Transportation arrangements must meet operational requirements of the Department.
Business Unit/Department: Development, Buildings & Licensing (1250)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: July, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-023: $34.98 to $41.29 per hour
Application Close: June 27, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source