The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
Program Manager, Richmond Fire-Rescue Administration
Job ID: 2021-0028
The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community. The City of Richmond offers competitive pay programs, comprehensive benefits and attractive incentives. If you are looking to make a difference, and to share our vision “to be the most appealing, livable, and well-managed community in Canada”, then please apply.
The Program Manager, Richmond Fire-Rescue Administration, in conjunction with the Fire Management Team, Human Resources and Occupational Health & Safety, will manage various programs within Richmond Fire-Rescue.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage various programs including; attendance management, injury prevention, return to work programs and duty to accommodate.
- Responsible for development and implementation of a Community Outreach Program aimed at increasing Richmond Fire- Rescue’s diversity; coordinate the revisions and maintenance of Standard Operating Guidelines and Procedures on an annual basis.
- Conduct workplace investigations in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Foster a positive labour environment in keeping with corporate standards, identify opportunities for positive and cooperative change/improvements and counsel management on employee programs and issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to rationalize complex issues, deal tactfully and decisively with sensitive and confidential matters and maintain the confidentiality of these matters.
- Ability to analyze issues and complete projects within the scope of the position.
- Ensure consistent application of City of Richmond Policies and Procedures, Richmond Fire-Rescue Standard Operating Guidelines and Procedures and the Collective Agreement.
- Ensure consistency in the application of the overall health and wellness program including proper protocol and approach to return to work programs and duty to accommodate.
- Ensure consistency in the application of a Performance Management Program with Richmond Fire-Rescue.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and determine fair and equitable decisions.
- Provide guidance, advice and direction to other department staff on RFR human resource programs and other Citywide corporate initiatives.
- Develop recommendations to resolve human resource, organization or change related problems in association with appropriate City of Richmond personnel.
- Assist with training, modelling and leading staff through the human resource management processes and conduct confidential workplace investigations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Successful completion of grade 12 or equivalent.
- Recognized college diploma or university degree with specialization in Business Administration or Human Resource Management.
- Knowledge of applicable Human Resources legislation and the Collective Agreement.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ management and/or Human Resources experience within a unionized environment, along with marketing experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to successfully clear a Police Information Check.
- Work is performed in an office environment. Some travel may be required.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia.
Position Status Pay Band
$93,063 – $116,329 Annually
Hours of Work:
Typical Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:15am to 5:00pm (Compressed Work Week)
February 19, 2021
View Original Source Source