Requisition ID: 28133
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Program Assistant II – Trans, Gender Diverse, & Two-Spirit (TGD2S) Inclusion will assist Park Board staff with reducing the barriers to participation in Park Board programs, facilities and services for Trans, Gender Diverse, and Two-Spirit community members.
Reporting to the Recreation Programmer II – Access the successful candidate will act as a resource to Park Board staff by leading TGD2S awareness sessions, facilitate TGD2S customer service training, assisting customers who attend Park Board TGD2S programs including Templeton Pool’s Sunday Trans Swim, answer inquiries regarding the Park Board TGD2S programs, and additional duties and responsibilities as assigned. Liaise with and provide program support to members of the TGD2S communities, develop partnerships with TGD2S serving non-profits and agencies, maintain and update website, posters and brochures on Park Board’s TGD2S Inclusion initiatives.
This position will work 25 hours per week, 4 to 5 days a week, and be located at the Park Board administrative office. However, the successful incumbent will be required to travel to various Park Board facilities on a regular basis.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of grade 12 and some related experience
- Experience and or training in community engagement and facilitation or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience in leading and developing training sessions and modules is preferred
- Relevant lived experience combined with a broad perspective lens on diversity, is preferred
- Experience with diversity, inclusion and equity considerations in a workplace environment, is preferred.
- First Aid Certification – Standard or Emergency First Aid with CPR-C required
- Valid BC Driver’s License is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the needs and interests of the trans, gender diverse, and Two-Spirit residents of the City of Vancouver
- Member of the trans, gender diverse, or Two-Spirit community preferred but not required
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate active listening skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and in a group setting
- Ability to assist in the planning and execution of special events
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge and ability to work with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher)
- Knowledge and ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
Driver’s License and Record Checks:
- A Police Record Check is a requirement of this position. A clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
- A current and valid BC Driver’s License and a safe driving record is preferred
- The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities.
- Local area travel and transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the Board of Parks and Recreation.
Business Unit/Department: Board of Parks & Recreation (1400)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Parks
Employment Type: Reg. P/T Benefits
Position Start Date: May 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-012: $22.48 to $26.36 per hour
Application Close: April 4, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source